Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Oh please, Jewish people comprise less than 5% of the population in America. It seems very zionist for the league to be bending over backwards, when they don't do this for anybody else, for such a small group number of people. And, most modern day American Jews would eat a bacon cheeseburger on a Jewish holiday.

It's kind of like how South Park can make fun of virtually every group of people and religion, but the only one that they ever really got in trouble for was Scientology.
    Wow. Besides being fairly offensive, you don't know what the hell you are talking.about. Why don't you go ahead and make another great statement like Jews own the NFL so its all a big conspiracy or something like that.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I've explained multiple times how this works. You guys don't want to understand it, that's okay. But to call it garbage is horseshit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    One man's garbage is another man's horseshit :DeadHorse:

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think the schedule's pretty fair. The only trip out West has a 10 day break after, having the Steelers at home on a short week (which is very surprising that we ended up on T-giving day again already), and a big one - no team after a bye. I think the only 'deficit' is that Cincy have ten days to prepare for the game at M&T rather than the 7 the Ravens have, but the Ravens would've just had a bye as well. The toughest stretch is probably At Buf, at Mia, GB and then Pit - but that's far from death row. Having time after both Steelers game is huge.

It may have been optimal to have swapped NE and HOU around, as NE is tougher in Dec than Sep and Hou has tended to suck in Sep - Bal has not lost a home game in September since 2005.

Looking at our rivals - Bengals really do have a tough start and then 4 out of 5 on the road. If they don't start well, they may be out of the division running before the bye.

The Browns have to play the Ravens after a bye and a 10 day period - we had them after a bye last year. Curse of Art in play.

The Steelers have their stretches - having Bal, at Oak then at NE is tough for them. The main thing for them is that early bye.

On the whole, I say we have the best of the bunch despite the hardest schedule 'on paper'.
    Last edited by Tyrian; 04-19-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Oh please, Jewish people comprise less than 5% of the population in America. It seems very zionist for the league to be bending over backwards, when they don't do this for anybody else, for such a small group number of people. And, most modern day American Jews would eat a bacon cheeseburger on a Jewish holiday.

It's kind of like how South Park can make fun of virtually every group of people and religion, but the only one that they ever really got in trouble for was Scientology.
    The networks are very interested in rating for specific markets. Do you think a local commercial during a NFL game in NY goes for the same rate as it does in New Orleans or Denver or Seattle? Jewish people make up a significant portion of New York market. If that was the case in Phoenix instead of New York they'd be playing the game no matter what holiday. It's about ratings, and money, in specific market that's the issue for the NFL.

No Worries.
    To be the best you must beat anyone, anytime, anywhere. The Ravens will open at the site of the Rocky mountain Rainbow, The Mile high miracle, the Flacco fling...
    Ravens will overcome and prevail.
    Go Ravens
    And beat that aged probowler again. I just loved seeing that smug face and the end of the game!

2 Thursday, 1 Sunday and 1 Monday Night primetime games are sufficient for this fan....ESPN ranks the Ravens schedule as the 5th toughest overall....at least on paper it is not an easy schedule.....

One trip out west to start the season and the majority of the rest of the games are in the Eastern Time Zone....week 8 bye, 2 mini byes after Thursday games...what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Dammit, I really wanted to go to the game in Buffalo and it's 4 days before my wife is due.
    Well, you screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, you screwed up.
    Priceless.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Why did the Dolphins game have to be October 6th in Miami? October is great home game weather and still oppressively warm in Miami. This game would have been a great away game in November or December instead we go to Detroit on 12/16.Yeah thats a great road trip.
    What date would have made a good road trip to Detroit? Seems to me going to hell on earth in December is preferable to a warmer time.

Arrow Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

Well, here's my 47-cents worth (used to be 2 cents - like the cost of stamps):

(1) I have to laugh at the 'bookends' of this schedule. Opening at Denver, you'd think the Broncos had won the Super Bowl. Apparently the schedule makers blew a ton of money on the last meeting, and they want it back. Last year, I thought "Are they going to schedule the final game in Cincy again? - Nah!" Obviously, they want to see the Bengals eliminate the Ravens in Week 17 - no matter how many years it takes.

(2) It seems every year, the Ravens get a weak or unchallenging opponent immediately after a full or semi-bye. Although, this time it could help against the Norsemen (after Thanksgiving).

(3) Hosting the Steelers at home on Thanksgiving could have been worse. It could have been a much earlier start (unless you're Jewish), wrecking the digestion for those watching at home.

On a more serious note:

For years now, it has become blatantly obvious that the NFL doesn't care about religious obligations or the weather faced by ticket-buying fans (check out the northern-latitude, playoff-game start times in January). It thrives on fan addiction and commercial sponsors who recognize that addiction.

CC
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 04-19-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: replaced 'conflicts' with 'obligations'

Wife and I are excited about the Thanksgiving game!

Just need to break it to the family that we will need to do dinner a bit earlier.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I so need to come over to watch that game, would be amazing.