Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

The Bengals have a stretch with 4 out of 5 games on the road. The Browns finish the season playing 3 out of 4 games on the road. The Ravens and Steelers have much better schedules than the Bengals and Browns this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    My 1st instinct was to feel like we got screwed again by only having 4 prime time games but in the end what does it matter? I do think overall its not too bad. No 3 game road trips or anything like that. And after Denver we don't travel west of the Mississippi.

Plus as far as the 4 prime time games I can easily see the NFL deciding to hold one of our games as a possible flex and uiltimately giving us that 5th. Maybe the Bears or Vikings or even the Jets one.

Interesting that the Redskins got 5 prime time games and we don't even know if RG will be back in time for at least the 1st one. I wonder if this will be a Browns type situation from a few years ago when they got all those prime time games after one good year and then went right in the tank.

It probably mostly has to do with the fact that they've been lowkey for so long and have barely had primetime games lately, and are finally coming into the spotlight now. Consider that we've had at least three most of the years since the first Super Bowl win, usually four. And, considering how much of a sensation RGIII has become.

Also, I think that "Prime Time games" have become watered down. How can you even call something a national game when it's on cable? How can they be putting games like these on ESPN and NFL Network when supposedly "lesser important games" are on Fox and CBS? At least the Thursday night games (except for the Thanksgiving and kick-off) should be excluded from the prime-time count. I doubt many people watch them outside of the home markets, everybody gets one, the match-ups are lame, and NFL Network isn't even covered in every cable package.

I think that our Thanksgiving game and Kick-off game will even have half-time shows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Bengals have a stretch with 4 out of 5 games on the road. The Browns finish the season playing 3 out of 4 games on the road. The Ravens and Steelers have much better schedules than the Bengals and Browns this year.
    Which is somehow disputed by that idiot who works on NFLN Elliot Harrison, who of course likes the Bengals to win the division this year. I suppose the Bengals will be a trendy media pick because they are sick of seeing the Ravens and the Steelers win everything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Which is somehow disputed by that idiot who works on NFLN Elliot Harrison, who of course likes the Bengals to win the division this year. I suppose the Bengals will be a trendy media pick because they are sick of seeing the Ravens and the Steelers win everything.
    Everyone wants to be the guy who made the bold prediction that was right. You see it all the time the AFC East. The Jets became a trendy pick because the Patriots time was over. Guess they forgot to tell the Patriots.

The Bengals played well last year and ended up with the same regular season record as the Ravens. They're a good team. What I don't see though is what they've done to become a better team. They have yet to address their needs. Unless they stay very healthy they're going to have a tough time winning this division as currently constructed.

The Bengals played well last year and ended up with the same regular season record as the Ravens.
    They also ended up with the same playoff record everyone swore we'd have - one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Actually, the first night of Hanukkah is Wednesday (Hanukkah begins at sundown on the 27th). But you are right, Thanksgiving and Rosh Hashanah are not the same thing in terms of religious significance.
    That's right. Not as many people know that Jewish holidays go sundown to sundown so most people are having Thanksgiving dinner on the first night of Hanukkah. What the difference is, I am free to go to the football game, where no matter what happened to the opening night game, I couldn't go. As it is, I still have to DVR the Denver game. Some people simply don't understand the problem with Wednesday.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    It probably mostly has to do with the fact that they've been lowkey for so long and have barely had primetime games lately, and are finally coming into the spotlight now. Consider that we've had at least three most of the years since the first Super Bowl win, usually four. And, considering how much of a sensation RGIII has become.
    I agree. Plus the Redskins have a huge following and especially when they're good people are going to want to see them on national TV. Especially with a megastar like RG.

No Priase for the fact that our only game west of the Mississippi is week one and followed by 10 days off?

This schedule is pretty darn good once you ge past the fact that we don't get to open at home... and that has been known for 2 months.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    That's right. Not as many people know that Jewish holidays go sundown to sundown so most people are having Thanksgiving dinner on the first night of Hanukkah. What the difference is, I am free to go to the football game, where no matter what happened to the opening night game, I couldn't go. As it is, I still have to DVR the Denver game. Some people simply don't understand the problem with Wednesday.

The Jewish holiday excuse is garbage. I believe that same Jewish holiday falls on the opening Sunday of the 2014 NFL season. I really don't see the NFL changing their schedule in 2014. This was about the NFL thinking that their ratings would take a hit on Wednesday night. So, it was ok for the NFL to want MLB to take a ratings hit by playing during the day on a week day, but they didn't want to take a ratings hit themselves. This situation was not the Orioles fault, but was rather due to the willingness of the NFL to screw over the fans of Baltimore to make a few extra bucks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Jewish holiday excuse is garbage. I believe that same Jewish holiday falls on the opening Sunday of the 2014 NFL season. I really don't see the NFL changing their schedule in 2014. This was about the NFL thinking that their ratings would take a hit on Wednesday night. So, it was ok for the NFL to want MLB to take a ratings hit by playing during the day on a week day, but they didn't want to take a ratings hit themselves. This situation was not the Orioles fault, but was rather due to the willingness of the NFL to screw over the fans of Baltimore to make a few extra bucks.
    The holiday excuse is garbage because of the idea that the NFL is respecting the holiday. It's not garbage because a large population in the #1 TV market won't be able to watch the game which means lower ratings. The NFL is not worried about upsetting observing fans. They're upset because they won't be able to beat last years ratings which is something the networks push for every year. As usual it's about money even though they try to pretend that it's about something else.

I've explained multiple times how this works. You guys don't want to understand it, that's okay. But to call it garbage is horseshit.

The holiday excuse is garbage because of the idea that the NFL is respecting the holiday. It's not garbage because a large population in the #1 TV market won't be able to watch the game which means lower ratings. The NFL is not worried about upsetting observing fans. They're upset because they won't be able to beat last years ratings which is something the networks push for every year. As usual it's about money even though they try to pretend that it's about something else.

Oh please, Jewish people comprise less than 5% of the population in America. It seems very zionist for the league to be bending over backwards, when they don't do this for anybody else, for such a small group number of people. And, most modern day American Jews would eat a bacon cheeseburger on a Jewish holiday.

It's kind of like how South Park can make fun of virtually every group of people and religion, but the only one that they ever really got in trouble for was Scientology.