Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer52 View Post
    The Ravens hosting the Thanksgiving game is nothing more than a consolation prize to try to appease the team and the fans. The opportunity to play on Thanksgiving will be there every year. Opening the season at home as SB champs will not. Screw the NFL.
    Ditto!!

We took it in the ear, and the ownership is fine with it! Don't blame it on the Os - you are Goodell's lapdog, Biscuit, place the blame where it belongs!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    LOL @ the comments about us somehow getting shafted by not getting a prime time home opener in Week 2.

The league gave us a gift by scheduling Cleveland. Joe and Harbs are 10-0 against the Stains. I'd much rather play those turds on Ring/banner day than chance losing to the Patriots and starting the season 0-2.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Eh, not really.
    By the way, how pissed must the Browns be? They have to travel to Bmore for our home opener and SB celebration after we've had a long week to prep and then they host us after our bye where John is 5-0.
    Seems like a waste of the long week and the bye for us. Both breaks would have been more valuable if the next game was against a better opponent.

Don't be fooled, scheduling the Browns for our home opener / SB celebration is a snub for some too. They see it as New Browns @ Old Browns lol.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I have no complaints with the schedule. In a perfect world a tougher opponent would be lined up after the bye and mini bye but it looks like this is as *fair as the Ravens have been ever treated by the NFL. (*not including the lack of moving the opening game to Wednesday)

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

My 1st instinct was to feel like we got screwed again by only having 4 prime time games but in the end what does it matter? I do think overall its not too bad. No 3 game road trips or anything like that. And after Denver we don't travel west of the Mississippi.

Plus as far as the 4 prime time games I can easily see the NFL deciding to hold one of our games as a possible flex and uiltimately giving us that 5th. Maybe the Bears or Vikings or even the Jets one.

Interesting that the Redskins got 5 prime time games and we don't even know if RG will be back in time for at least the 1st one. I wonder if this will be a Browns type situation from a few years ago when they got all those prime time games after one good year and then went right in the tank.

Dammit, I really wanted to go to the game in Buffalo and it's 4 days before my wife is due.

I hope the ravens don't have the attitude some of its fans have. Denver fans are fired up and looking for revenge and we're moping about where we have to play week 1. Hell, half of you have already chalked us up as 0-1. I for one can't wait to walk into Denver and give Manning and that smug fan base a nice shitburger to start off their "revenge tour."

On a personal note, I'm now looking forward to seeing two home games this year after two years of not having attended one.

Will be at the home game v Texans in September and the night game v the Pats just before Christmas.

And I can't. Fucking. Wait. Is it tailgate time yet?

While I'm not going to argue that the NFL hates us, I'm fine with the schedule. I hate games that aren't played at 1 on Sundays, even though I would have liked to have the season opener here. Most of our hardest games on paper are at home as well.

All in all I think the schedule worked out as good as can be hoped for .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Dammit, I really wanted to go to the game in Buffalo and it's 4 days before my wife is due.
    you won't be thinking about the game. by the way, congrats .

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you won't be thinking about the game. by the way, congrats .
    Who said I'm not going? I just feel bad for my wife. ;)

My wish would be for zero prime time games and all games played at home at 1 p.m. Is that too much to ask?

I could care less if the team's games are ever broadcast to a national TV audience. 8 p.m. games suck.

There, I said it.