Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    No it doesn't make me feel any better. I would have been there 9/5 just as I will sacrifice my family to be there on 11/28. Wednesday night football ratings suck wind and it has nothing to do with Rosh Hashanah and everything to do with greed.
    Oh the horror!

A private business has the nerve to ... Gasp ... Maximize profits!!!!

Someone call Pravda!

Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    We lose our home opener...and get less national tv games than the Redskins who may not even have their starting quarterback for the season. I hate this league so much -_-.
    But our schedule is a whole lot more favorable than theirs. They have a really early bye week, ours isn't extremely late, but it's in the exact middle of the season at least. We have 6 months to prepare for a TNF game to give us 10 days rest for the 2nd week, while they open on MNF, giving them 6 days for week #2. Plus, we have the Thanksgiving game at home (against the Steelers no less).

Plus, I'm not sure if I'd really count a run of the mill Thursday night NFL network game as a "prime time" game. Does anybody really watch them besides the home markets?

Just an observation: this might be the first time that a team has had every kind of prime time game: SNF, MNF, Kick-off game, and Thanksgiving game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh the horror!

A private business has the nerve to ... Gasp ... Maximize profits!!!!

Someone call Pravda!
    Houston you read me wrong. I think the NFL like any other business should make every dollar they can. Having said that "don't piss down my back and tell me its raining". Just admit its about the dollars and not the Jewish Holiday.

What is our record in 1pm home games under Harbaugh? That's a major plus right there.

Ok. Point?
    Point is that it isn't like the NFL is insulting anyone's religious beliefs with that one. You can choose to eat turkey with your family or go to the game.

On a side note, do you ever post anything on this forum that isn't smug as shit? I'm somewhat amazed they made you a moderator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    You folks do know that Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday? It isn't even an international holiday.

Not a religious holiday? 3 football games in a row (4 if you count Loyola/ Calvert Hall). Of course it's a religious holiday.

Ok. Point?
    His point was pretty obvious: All the people trying to draw the Rosh Hashanah/Thanksgiving parallels were/are pretty much comparing apples to oranges. It's a fair observation.

Point is that it isn't like the NFL is insulting anyone's religious beliefs with that one. You can choose to eat turkey with your family or go to the game.
    When did the NFL claim that playing during a Jewish holiday would insult anyone's beliefs?

On a side note, do you ever post anything on this forum that isn't smug as shit? I'm somewhat amazed they made you a moderator.
    Nope. 100% of what I post is smug, sarcastic and otherwise brilliant.

I never, ever post anything with insight or football related. Not once.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Not a religious holiday? 3 football games in a row (4 if you count Loyola/ Calvert Hall). Of course it's a religious holiday.
    LOL. Touché.

Schedule is OK to me. Like that 4 of the last 6 are at home, that we will have 10 days to get ready for the Vikings, that we play the Steelers at home on a short week with us being at home the week before and the Steelers playing at Cleveland. I would have thought that Green Bay would have been a prime time or at least a 4 PM game.

I don't really worry too much about other teams getting more nationally televised games than us. Everybody knows that the Ravens will get plenty of nationally televised games in January.

I never, ever post anything with insight or football related. Not once.
    I can vouch for this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Haven't heard Mista T weigh in on the Thanksgiving Night game. What say you T? Yea or Nay? I mean you're in Maryland and its not like you'll be watching the game from Houston or other parts with your family.
    Last edited by Poeboy; 04-18-2013 at 10:25 PM.