Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

We lose our home opener...and get less national tv games than the Redskins who may not even have their starting quarterback for the season. I hate this league so much -_-.

You can almost set your watch to this thread once a year.

Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I don't think they hate us, its all about ratings. Once again my Thanksgiving is ruined because Goodell and the NFL don't care about anything but ratings. Good thing we're not playing on Rosh Hashanah though. Not!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The Ravens did get screwed. We didn't get a MNF game at home. Also, after Week 1, we don't get a primetime game till Week 13. Not playing the disrespect card, but I expect the defending champs to get more primetime games.

I thinks it's a fair schedule. I like:

- (6) 1:00pm games at home!
    - 4 of our last 6 at home
    - Nice Week 8 Bye

What I don't like:

- 4 away games in 5 weeks.
    - Only 1 home game in October (e.g. best weather)
    - Another Thanksgiving at home??? We just had one 2 years ago!

P.S. I am HAPPY with no Monday night game at home. Monday night isn't nearly the prestigious game it once was.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

We do get a home game on Thanksgiving night which is pretty big (depending on your point of view.) Actually I agree with most of the gripes some of you have, but I also like the schedule (with the exception of opening on the road.) We appear to get a week 8 bye, which is balanced, and a bunch of Sunday Noon games in succession is good for me. I don't really care about playing MNF because Sunday is soon enough. It is pretty stupid we can't play on Wednesday cause of One Holiday but can play on another?! Whatever! It's gonna be a good season. And we get to rub it in the Browns face for the home opener.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I thinks it's a fair schedule. I like:

- (6) 1:00pm games at home!
    - 4 of our last 6 at home
    - Nice Week 8 Bye

What I don't like:

- 4 away games in 5 weeks.
    - Only 1 home game in October (e.g. best weather)
    - Another Thanksgiving at home??? We just had one 2 years ago!

P.S. I am HAPPY with no Monday night game at home. Monday night isn't nearly the prestigious game it once was.
    Eh, not really. The week eight bye breaks that up a bit so we have back to back weeks at Bills and Fins, home vs GB, at Pitt, BYE then at CLE. Not bad at all.

By the way, how pissed must the Browns be? They have to travel to Bmore for our home opener and SB celebration after we've had a long week to prep and then they host us after our bye where John is 5-0.

I don't think the schedule disrespects us at all. Opening on the road sucks, but that wasn't the league's fault. I think a home game on Thanksgiving is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I don't think the schedule disrespects us at all. Opening on the road sucks, but that wasn't the league's fault. I think a home game on Thanksgiving is awesome.
    It was 100% the NFL's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Eh, not really.
    By the way, how pissed must the Browns be? They have to travel to Bmore for our home opener and SB celebration after we've had a long week to prep and then they host us after our bye where John is 5-0.
    Seems like a waste of the long week and the bye for us. Both breaks would have been more valuable if the next game was against a better opponent.

Don't be fooled, scheduling the Browns for our home opener / SB celebration is a snub for some too. They see it as New Browns @ Old Browns lol.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I have no complaints with the schedule. In a perfect world a tougher opponent would be lined up after the bye and mini bye but it looks like this is as *fair as the Ravens have been ever treated by the NFL. (*not including the lack of moving the opening game to Wednesday)