Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

Schedule is OK to me. Like that 4 of the last 6 are at home, that we will have 10 days to get ready for the Vikings, that we play the Steelers at home on a short week with us being at home the week before and the Steelers playing at Cleveland. I would have thought that Green Bay would have been a prime time or at least a 4 PM game.

I don't really worry too much about other teams getting more nationally televised games than us. Everybody knows that the Ravens will get plenty of nationally televised games in January.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I never, ever post anything with insight or football related. Not once.
    I can vouch for this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Haven't heard Mista T weigh in on the Thanksgiving Night game. What say you T? Yea or Nay? I mean you're in Maryland and its not like you'll be watching the game from Houston or other parts with your family.
    Last edited by Poeboy; 04-18-2013 at 10:25 PM.

That opening night in Denver really sucks, but we've already discussed that thoroughly.

I remember looking at the schedule this time last year, and seeing @PIT, @SD, PIT, and thinking about how rough that was gonna be. Turns out we won 2 out of 3 of those, and that's WITH Cam Cameron. I don't see any real rough stretches in this schedule.

Besides, every team on that schedule has got to be looking at their game with us with worry, whether it's home or away. We are the defending Super Bowl Champs, and I expect us to be just as tough this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    What is our record in 1pm home games under Harbaugh? That's a major plus right there.
    Feel free to double check these numbers, but it looks like, out of the Ravens 40 regular season home games under Harbaugh, we have played at 1 PM 25 times and our record is 21-4. Pretty damn good.

6. Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Haven't heard Mista T weigh in on the Thanksgiving Night game. What say you T? Yea or Nay? I mean you're in Maryland and its not like you'll be watching the game from Houston or other parts with your family.
    Yeah, I've been waiting for T's thoughts on this as well.

Should be right up there with the Dec. 22nd night game against the Cheatriots.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Point is that it isn't like the NFL is insulting anyone's religious beliefs with that one. You can choose to eat turkey with your family or go to the game.

On a side note, do you ever post anything on this forum that isn't smug as shit? I'm somewhat amazed they made you a moderator.
    Lol!

And my question is to all of RavensNation, WHY DOES OUR ORGANIZATION TOLERATE THIS BS?!?!?! A strong-minded owner (like Rooney/Kraft) would not let HIS FANBASE deal with this type of embarrassment?!?! CLeveland at home, give me a Freakin break - I was hoping NE would come in for the home opener; but then Kraft would not settle for that!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Except for the Denver fiasco, this should work out to be a pretty good schedule for road trips. The latest non-divisional game played outdoors will be at Chicago Nov 17th. I am hoping to make all the non-divisional away games this year, subject to what's left in the pocketbook and staying in good health.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    I already have those tickets sold.... If you really want to hear what I have to say about the Thanksgiving Night game, it is the following:

fuck the NFL for scheduling Baltimore home games on Thanksgiving!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Except for the Denver fiasco, this should work out to be a pretty good schedule for road trips. The latest non-divisional game played outdoors will be at Chicago Nov 17th. I am hoping to make all the non-divisional away games this year, subject to what's left in the pocketbook and staying in good health.

I just booked plane tickets to Ft. Lauderdale for Week 5 and for Chicago Week 11.

Looking forward to Chicago. Haven't been to "new" Soldier Field yet.

Blog Entries

LOL @ the comments about us somehow getting shafted by not getting a prime time home opener in Week 2.

The league gave us a gift by scheduling Cleveland. Joe and Harbs are 10-0 against the Stains. I'd much rather play those turds on Ring/banner day than chance losing to the Patriots and starting the season 0-2.

The Ravens hosting the Thanksgiving game is nothing more than a consolation prize to try to appease the team and the fans. The opportunity to play on Thanksgiving will be there every year. Opening the season at home as SB champs will not. Screw the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I don't think the schedule disrespects us at all. Opening on the road sucks, but that wasn't the league's fault. I think a home game on Thanksgiving is awesome.
    It was 100% the NFL's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer52 View Post
    It was 100% the NFL's fault.
    This!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Overall it is a balanced schedule. I was kind of surprised they gave us a day game vs Cleveland as essentially, the "banner raising" game. Still am pretty pissed that the opening game is at Denver; just isn't right whatsoever, but it'll still be a great game. I'm kind of shocked they didn't make the Houston game a prime time game and I love how this is the third straight year playing in Cincy week 17. Not to mention we closed the 2010 season at home vs Cincy. Lastly, we play at Pittsburgh on my birthday, and we better win dammit!