Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 128

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....



    We lose our home opener...and get less national tv games than the Redskins who may not even have their starting quarterback for the season. I hate this league so much -_-.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,474
    You can almost set your watch to this thread once a year.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You can almost set your watch to this thread once a year.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  4. #4

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    I don't think they hate us, its all about ratings. Once again my Thanksgiving is ruined because Goodell and the NFL don't care about anything but ratings. Good thing we're not playing on Rosh Hashanah though. Not!




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You can almost set your watch to this thread once a year.
    The Ravens did get screwed. We didn't get a MNF game at home. Also, after Week 1, we don't get a primetime game till Week 13. Not playing the disrespect card, but I expect the defending champs to get more primetime games.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    I thinks it's a fair schedule. I like:

    - (6) 1:00pm games at home!
    - 4 of our last 6 at home
    - Nice Week 8 Bye

    What I don't like:

    - 4 away games in 5 weeks.
    - Only 1 home game in October (e.g. best weather)
    - Another Thanksgiving at home??? We just had one 2 years ago!

    P.S. I am HAPPY with no Monday night game at home. Monday night isn't nearly the prestigious game it once was.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  7. #7

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    We do get a home game on Thanksgiving night which is pretty big (depending on your point of view.) Actually I agree with most of the gripes some of you have, but I also like the schedule (with the exception of opening on the road.) We appear to get a week 8 bye, which is balanced, and a bunch of Sunday Noon games in succession is good for me. I don't really care about playing MNF because Sunday is soon enough. It is pretty stupid we can't play on Wednesday cause of One Holiday but can play on another?! Whatever! It's gonna be a good season. And we get to rub it in the Browns face for the home opener.




  8. #8

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I thinks it's a fair schedule. I like:

    - (6) 1:00pm games at home!
    - 4 of our last 6 at home
    - Nice Week 8 Bye

    What I don't like:

    - 4 away games in 5 weeks.
    - Only 1 home game in October (e.g. best weather)
    - Another Thanksgiving at home??? We just had one 2 years ago!

    P.S. I am HAPPY with no Monday night game at home. Monday night isn't nearly the prestigious game it once was.
    Eh, not really. The week eight bye breaks that up a bit so we have back to back weeks at Bills and Fins, home vs GB, at Pitt, BYE then at CLE. Not bad at all.

    By the way, how pissed must the Browns be? They have to travel to Bmore for our home opener and SB celebration after we've had a long week to prep and then they host us after our bye where John is 5-0.




  9. #9

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    I don't think the schedule disrespects us at all. Opening on the road sucks, but that wasn't the league's fault. I think a home game on Thanksgiving is awesome.




  10. #10

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I don't think the schedule disrespects us at all. Opening on the road sucks, but that wasn't the league's fault. I think a home game on Thanksgiving is awesome.
    It was 100% the NFL's fault.




  11. #11

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Eh, not really.
    By the way, how pissed must the Browns be? They have to travel to Bmore for our home opener and SB celebration after we've had a long week to prep and then they host us after our bye where John is 5-0.
    Seems like a waste of the long week and the bye for us. Both breaks would have been more valuable if the next game was against a better opponent.

    Don't be fooled, scheduling the Browns for our home opener / SB celebration is a snub for some too. They see it as New Browns @ Old Browns lol.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  12. #12

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    I have no complaints with the schedule. In a perfect world a tougher opponent would be lined up after the bye and mini bye but it looks like this is as *fair as the Ravens have been ever treated by the NFL. (*not including the lack of moving the opening game to Wednesday)




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,788

    Re: If we needed anymore ammo to think the NFL hates us....

    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    What I don't like:

    - 4 away games in 5 weeks..
    It's really 4 away games in 6 weeks, since there is a bye week wedged in there after the 3rd away game in that run. Plus, the first two of those away games are Bill & Dolphins. It's not like it's the Bears & Steelers.




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,930
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hope they use it for motivation
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The Ravens did get screwed. We didn't get a MNF game at home. Also, after Week 1, we don't get a primetime game till Week 13. Not playing the disrespect card, but I expect the defending champs to get more primetime games.
    That's a bad expectation, IMO.

    We're a small market team. 4 prime time games is about what I expected.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland