Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: we are playing the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    You're almost correct. The History Channel has just reported that they would be broadcasting all Steelers games because their fans can only talk about the past!!
    Hey Fred, what time is it? Oh, it's a little early for that ;) ... Bc

I had wanted the first game to be at Cleveland so the Super Bowl Championship Flag could be carried out.

I am just mean like that.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    This was Baltimore's faux pas, imo. We didn't have a stadium available to play on the normal opening night. That isn't Goodell's or the rest of the league's fault.

Last year, the game could not be played on Thursday in any stadium, because of politics.

The only team/fans that get screwed with the Thursday at Denver opener is Baltimore. One out of 32 teams.

TV watching fans could not care less about where the game is played.

The network obviously cares about it being on Thursday. The league, as a whole, obviously cares about it being on Thursday. And there is no reason it cannot be played on Thursday except that doing so screws one team; a team that could have had the home game had they had a stadium available in their city.

It sucks for us, but it is primarily self-inflicted; and it doesn't suck for anyone but us, so don't expect much sympathy across the nation.
    Well said. I'll be paying attention to the release of the MLB schedule next year. If the Orioles have another home stand scheduled at the same time consider that a f you to the ravens. Every year baseball creates their schedule unencumbered by the NFL and the Ravens play their home games only when it doesn't conflict. This year is the exception and we'll know what to expect when it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    How many of those were home games?
    See post #56.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Fuck that. Unfurl that Banner at Mile High and while you're at it, trot that Lombardi out on the sideline and rub in their face what they choked away last year!
    I'm with you on this.
    Fuck 'em!!

Come coin toss time, it should be Flacco and Jacoby flanking Dumervill holding the trophy smack dab at mid field as the representatives sent out there.

Then after that we can proceed to smak that donkey ass up and down the field.:DeadHorse::DeadHorse:

Only disagreement I have is they didn't choke it away, we fucking took it like champions do.

Ray Lewis use to say it all the time...

60 minutes!!

If it wasn't for our special teams the donkeys wouldn't have even been in it to come down to the drama that unfolded.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    This sucks, and it sucks bad. Hopefully the Orioles dont sell a single ticket to the game that night. Or frankly any other game, but especially that game.
    It's not the O's fault. I still can't believe people still think all this is on them. I hope The Yard is packed and the O's are in the hunt for October.

Blog Entries

On one hand, the Denver Broncos should be highly motivated for this game. On the other hand, the Ravens should be highly motivated in their own right. On one hand, it would be better to get Manning under colder weather conditions. On the other hand, last year was the Ravens worst defense since Vinny was throwing the ball for them and they held Peyton's offense to 21 points, with Manning personally accounting for three turnovers.

It should be a good game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Hopes Denver is first. This is John and Joe team!! Season opener in mile high, we will be there. I like it. Get everyone's wannabe champ early and put up a 40 burger on them. This offense is going to be scoring high. Give our BSH D, 14pts and let them hunt. Flacco is elite people, get use to that!! This team will win the opener no matter who house we crash!!

Open at the Bank with NE would be sweet. Them or the Sqeelers. Either way, it will be a party in Charm City for RavenNation. 2-0 to start is awesome for me. We are a top Organization, and I feel we will be as good as the last three years. Ozzie will defend this title!!!

Den, NE, or Pitt, first 2 game I all for it. Don't want to give us a home opener to start with, we will just slam your Precious top teams until you realize the ravens are the top team.

F**k godell, we are the Mighty Baltimore Ravens!!! RavenNation. Purple Pride

Blog Entries

Broncos started slow last year and then were dominant after week 6. You just have to hope they will start slow again.

Blog Entries

We'll beat Denver. I'm not even worried. Why would I be? The monkey on their back was Peyton and they now know they can beat him, just like it used to be with Pittsburgh and Ben. There is nothing overly special about Denver as a team except Peyton, the Ravens showed the world that in the playoffs last year. Not to mention that IMO the team we have assembled already is better than the one we beat them with last year, and we haven't even drafted yet. People forget how beat up the Ravens were in that game, one armed linebacker, perpetually injured safety, Suggs dealing with a torn bicep and coming back from the achilles, Ngata dealing with injury, and the Ravens still would have blown them out if not for two big ST returns from Holliday.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    This was Baltimore's faux pas, imo. We didn't have a stadium available to play on the normal opening night. That isn't Goodell's or the rest of the league's fault.

Last year, the game could not be played on Thursday in any stadium, because of politics.

The only team/fans that get screwed with the Thursday at Denver opener is Baltimore. One out of 32 teams.

TV watching fans could not care less about where the game is played.

The network obviously cares about it being on Thursday. The league, as a whole, obviously cares about it being on Thursday. And there is no reason it cannot be played on Thursday except that doing so screws one team; a team that could have had the home game had they had a stadium available in their city.

It sucks for us, but it is primarily self-inflicted; and it doesn't suck for anyone but us, so don't expect much sympathy across the nation.
    The NFL and their ginger commish didn't need to insult everyone's intelligence by blaming the fiasco on Rosh Hashanah. Like I said before, there is a 0% chance this happens to the Giants, Patriots, Cowboys, etc. These 2 factors piss me off more than anything else about the entire situation

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    It's not the O's fault. I still can't believe people still think all this is on them. I hope The Yard is packed and the O's are in the hunt for October.
    If the Orioles had been the least bit accommodating then the Ravens wouldn't have declined the invitation to throw out the 1st pitch. In addition, why didn't the Orioles make any public comments about the situation while it was going on? At the end of the day, the NFL is responsible for screwing this up but that does not mean that the Orioles are innocent victims.