Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: we are playing the Broncos

Looks like our schedule may be a little top heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I'm a little surprised that nothing else has leaked yet.
    CNN just reported that the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens will have a rematch with the Washington Redskins in Week 8.

Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 04-18-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    CNN just reported that the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens will have a rematch with the Washington Redskins in Week 8.
    Of course, you realize, that is impossible as we play the NFC North this year; or was this said sarcastically?

I'm not saying we are definitely going to lose this game. But if you look at our slate of games this season and even if you think we are going 13-3, the @DEN game is probably one of your three losses. If that happens, then we have the wet blanket of an 0-1 record thrown on our Lombardi celebration, and that sucks.

But from a purely football standpoint, this is a huge advantage. This is easily the toughest road trip of the year. Imagine if it was sandwiched between home games against, say, NE and PIT. Maybe one of them's a night game. You have to take that long trip, play in the altitude, possibly on a short week? It would put us at a competitive disadvantage for all three games.

Of course we could win this opener. 1-0 with this game in the rearview mirror? That would be huge. But win or lose, this helps us. We get an extra bye week, AND we get to use that extra bye week to recover from our toughest road game of the year.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

hearing Ravens hosting Pats second game on MNF

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think its a little of both really. We could have hit them at a better time because they are a great team, but they should be equally "scared" of us as superbowl champions with a young team they havent seen. Its a shame we have to play away but well be alright regardless.
    Agree, it's a bit of both.

On the other hand, Denver is going to be a major contender in the AFC: what a huge advantage for playoff tiebreakers if we are able to steal that one.

Harbaugh's Ravens with more than 7 days to prepare:

W wk 1 2008 Bengals h
    W wk 3 2008 Browns h
    W wk 4 2008 Steelers r (MNF)
    W wk 17 2008 Jax h (after Sat)
    W wk 1 2009 Chiefs h
    W wk 8 2009 Broncos h
    W wk 10 2009 Browns r (MNF)
    L wk 13 2009 Packers r (MNF)
    W wk 1 2010 Jets r
    W wk 9 2010 Miami h
    W wk 11 2010 Carolina r
    W wk 14 2010 Houston r (MNF)
    W wk 1 2011 Steelers h
    W wk 6 2011 Houston h
    L wk 7 2011 Jax r (MNF)
    W wk 13 2011 Browns r (after Thur)
    W wk 17 2011 Bengals r (after Sat)
    W div 2011 Houston h
    W wk 1 2012 Bengals h
    W wk 5 2012 Chiefs r (after Thur)
    W wk 9 2012 Browns r
    W SB 2012 Niners N

That comes to a 20-2 record! (.909) Pretty damn good.

If you exclude the 1-day diffs (MNF and playing the week after a Saturday game), so focusing on the ones where they have multiple extra days to prepare, then they are 15-0.
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 04-18-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    hearing Ravens hosting Pats second game on MNF
    Good ! Then we'll start out 2 - 0 and have two of our biggest games out of the way. Oh yes, make no doubt about it, the Ravens are better than the Broncos and Patriots. I don't know why some people are bent out of shape about the Ravens not having the home opener the 1st week of the NFL season. By week 4, nobody will remember anyway... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't get the doom and gloom.

Harbs is 5-0 in season openers. This board was a buzz the last four openers about how you simply cannot beat a Harbs team with extra time to prepare.

Now some are chalking it up as a loss already?

Sheesh.
    How many of those were home games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Good ! Then we'll start out 2 - 0 and have two of our biggest games out of the way. Oh yes, make no doubt about it, the Ravens are better than the Broncos and Patriots. I don't know why some people are bent out of shape about the Ravens not having the home opener the 1st week of the NFL season. By week 4, nobody will remember anyway... Bc
    We knew we had to play at Denver and hosting New England so may as well do it games 1 and 2. I still say Harbs will embrace this and not allow anyone to make excuses. Prepare and go kick their ass ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post

You're almost correct. The History Channel has just reported that they would be broadcasting all Steelers games because their fans can only talk about the past!!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

I also suspect (we'll know in a few hours) that the Week 2 home game will also be nationally televised, for the unfurling of the World Champions banner--if the players get lucky it'll be a Sunday night game that keeps them out of the summer heat for a second week running...
    Fuck that. Unfurl that Banner at Mile High and while you're at it, trot that Lombardi out on the sideline and rub in their face what they choked away last year!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Looks like our schedule may be a little top heavy.
    I like my Ravens schedules just like I like my ladies - top heavy!