Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: we are playing the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I think it is complete and total bullshit that the league is making us open on the road and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves. Bisciotti should not have allowed this to stand.

Denver chokes away a playoff game where they are heavily favored after being arguably the best team in the league all year and their fans are rewarded by getting to host the league's signature kickoff game in nationally televised prime time? BULL. SHIT.
    +10!! You echo my thoughts exactly, Losac! For the NFL to have shoved this down our collective throats is a freakin' embarrassment.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't get the doom and gloom.

Harbs is 5-0 in season openers. This board was a buzz the last four openers about how you simply cannot beat a Harbs team with extra time to prepare.

Now some are chalking it up as a loss already?

Sheesh.
    :word

Its a long way until this game and its too early to throw in the towel.

This situation could have been avoided, but Roger Greedell and the National Fraud League are too greedy to move the game to Wednesday. If Roger cares about the fans as much as he claims he does, the Ravens would be opening at home. There is a 0% chance that the Patriots, Giants, etc would be opening at home under the same circumstances. In addition, this situation has also made the Orioles look bad from a PR standpoint and Camden Yards will be empty the night of the game. I love the Ravens, but out of principle I am not spending any of my money on the NFL this season. Also, shame on Steve Bisciotti for letting this happen. Again, Greedell would never do this to his boy Robert Kraft.

So we are doing the blame game again? :DeadHorse:

Hopefully after week 1 is over with it will be back to normal. At least i hope so lol

5. Re: we are playing the Broncos

The last 3 season opener games we've had on the road were against NYJ in '10, Bengals in '07, and Bucs in '06. The Jets finished 11-5 and that game was a real close, low scoring affair and we won that. Ray Lewis destroyed Dustin Keller in the final moments of that game and had him so scared he ran out of bounds before the first down marker on the next play . We lost to the 7-9 Bengals in 07 in a close game we could've won. That was Billick's last year, McNair's arm was clearly finished and our team letdown bigtime :grbac:. We shutout the Bucs in '06....our defense was absolutely dominant that year but the Bucs were 4-12 that year. So I expect this one to be another tough one and another close game to open up on the road, but I think we'll come out on top again.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't get the doom and gloom.

Harbs is 5-0 in season openers. This board was a buzz the last four openers about how you simply cannot beat a Harbs team with extra time to prepare.

Now some are chalking it up as a loss already?

Sheesh.
    Everyone is made based on the principle of the situation. The fact that the NFL are scheduling the Ravens to play a tough opponent only makes the situation worse. But remember, as far as Greedell is concerned story lines > integrity. In addition, the fact that Greedell is trying to blame the situation on Rosh Hashanah is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer52 View Post
    ...There is a 0% chance that the Patriots, Giants, etc would be opening at home under the same circumstances. ...Again, Greedell would never do this to his boy Robert Kraft.
    Freakin' Spot ON!! RavensNation certainly deserved better than this, and it has nothing to do about winning or losing, but rather getting the opportunity to celebrate AT HOME for the season opener!!!! I hope there is a mulitutude of fans at next week's draft to boo the collective s--t out of Goodell!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

This was Baltimore's faux pas, imo. We didn't have a stadium available to play on the normal opening night. That isn't Goodell's or the rest of the league's fault.

Last year, the game could not be played on Thursday in any stadium, because of politics.

The only team/fans that get screwed with the Thursday at Denver opener is Baltimore. One out of 32 teams.

TV watching fans could not care less about where the game is played.

The network obviously cares about it being on Thursday. The league, as a whole, obviously cares about it being on Thursday. And there is no reason it cannot be played on Thursday except that doing so screws one team; a team that could have had the home game had they had a stadium available in their city.

It sucks for us, but it is primarily self-inflicted; and it doesn't suck for anyone but us, so don't expect much sympathy across the nation.

Blog Entries

I'm a little surprised that nothing else has leaked yet.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

I'm with HR on this one. The Ravens were gonna hafta play the Nags at Mild-Hype anyway, might as well get it out of the way. Beats playing there at 2 PM local a week or two later when the likely heat & humidity would aggravate the effects of altitude. (IIRC the bitter cold during the playoff game actually helped the Ravens because cold dry air is denser than warm humid air.) When all's said & done, win or lose--& as has been noted, do not bet against a John Harbaugh team on opening day!--they get one of the toughest games of the year out of the way & a mini-bye.

I also suspect (we'll know in a few hours) that the Week 2 home game will also be nationally televised, for the unfurling of the World Champions banner--if the players get lucky it'll be a Sunday night game that keeps them out of the summer heat for a second week running...

Re the scheduling snafu, I hope Bisciotti has made it abundantly clear to the NFL that they had best convince MLB not to schedule home games in Baltimore for at least the next few years on the Thursday night when the NFL season opens with the Super Bowl Champions at home--because his team has a fair chance of hosting that game every year....

A hint that NE is first home opener...

mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs 3m
    Ravens are going to open with Peyton and Brady back-to-back? Wow.

What's next? Rodgers and the Packers for week 3?

Though, it's not surprising. Pats were going to be the week 1 showing if an agreement was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    This was Baltimore's faux pas, imo. We didn't have a stadium available to play on the normal opening night. That isn't Goodell's or the rest of the league's fault.

Last year, the game could not be played on Thursday in any stadium, because of politics.

The only team/fans that get screwed with the Thursday at Denver opener is Baltimore. One out of 32 teams.

TV watching fans could not care less about where the game is played.

The network obviously cares about it being on Thursday. The league, as a whole, obviously cares about it being on Thursday. And there is no reason it cannot be played on Thursday except that doing so screws one team; a team that could have had the home game had they had a stadium available in their city.

It sucks for us, but it is primarily self-inflicted; and it doesn't suck for anyone but us, so don't expect much sympathy across the nation.
    Far too much reason for this thread.