Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: we are playing the Broncos

I think the SuperBowl Champs deserve to open the season AT HOME. Week 1 they should get to hang the banner.
    There were also other options to make a home game happen. Obviously if the O's weren't being douchbags, that would be best. But they could have also just held the game anyway. Let the O's have an empty stadium and see how they feel about that.
    Or, move the game to Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I blame the NFL on this. You would have never seen some of these other bigger market teams get this treatment. Seems like we're get punished for winning for the second time. Not seeing why they didn't move this to Weds.

We'll win this one too.
    They will not move the game to Wednesday, people need to understand this. It happened once because of Obama's speech and then it was in the best interest of the network. They play on Thursday to increase viewers and only have 16 regular season games to generate revenue, not 162. If the Orioles schedule a game next year on Thursday and the Ravens win the Super Bowl, we will be on the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hope the O's game is like a ghost town that day... just sayin'
    It probably will be - but why do you want that? This was TOTALLY on Goodell ( and I think Kraft is involved here ) and $$ - they didn't want to play on Wednesday because of the ratings when they last played Wednesday.

Blog Entries

This is the best scenario other than opening at home obviously. Harbaugh is undefeated with extra time to prepare, they get a tough road opponent out of the way early, extra time to prepare for the week 2 game and Harbaugh can still play the "nobody respects us card".

This sucks, and it sucks bad. Hopefully the Orioles dont sell a single ticket to the game that night. Or frankly any other game, but especially that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    They will not move the game to Wednesday, people need to understand this. It happened once because of Obama's speech and then it was in the best interest of the network. They play on Thursday to increase viewers and only have 16 regular season games to generate revenue, not 162. If the Orioles schedule a game next year on Thursday and the Ravens win the Super Bowl, we will be on the road again.
    It's NFL football. Weds or Thurs would not matter to the fanbases or NFL fans, people would still watch. This is about $$ and they have a contract that the people who pay them (TV networks) will not change for. In the middle of that is a game for the O's that could very well be rained out (they reschedule for rain delays all the time, however they shouldn't have had too). Still I blame the NFL, especially when they threw out the religous holiday excuse.

The Pats, Steelers, Giants, etc would not be opening away. Didn't this happen when we won the last time? I believe we opened in Chicago.

The dramatic suspense was killing me.

Blog Entries

Should be a great game. Watch it end up in overtime with the Ravens once again crushing the hopes of the Broncos

Blog Entries

Beat the broncos

Bye week

Champion celebrations week 2 at 1-0

Rest of season road trips @ BUF MIA CHI DET plus AFCN

Wow I happily will take this scenario!

I don't get the doom and gloom.

Harbs is 5-0 in season openers. This board was a buzz the last four openers about how you simply cannot beat a Harbs team with extra time to prepare.

Now some are chalking it up as a loss already?

Sheesh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    It probably will be - but why do you want that? This was TOTALLY on Goodell ( and I think Kraft is involved here ) and $$ - they didn't want to play on Wednesday because of the ratings when they last played Wednesday.
    yeah right.. that's why all the Ravens boycotted the O's opening game.

Anyway some things you can't control but you can control how you react. They'll treat this as a challenge and go in there prepared with no excuses.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    It's NFL football. Weds or Thurs would not matter to the fanbases or NFL fans, people would still watch. This is about $$ and they have a contract that the people who pay them (TV networks) will not change for. In the middle of that is a game for the O's that could very well be rained out (they reschedule for rain delays all the time, however they shouldn't have had too). Still I blame the NFL, especially when they threw out the religous holiday excuse.

The Pats, Steelers, Giants, etc would not be opening away. Didn't this happen when we won the last time? I believe we opened in Chicago.
    The fact is the 2012 game played on Wednesday had a drop in viewership and ratings over the previous 2 years.