Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

we are playing the Broncos

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...13-nfl-kickoff

it would have been embarrassing to open at pissburg.

Re: we are playing the Broncos

This will be a tough one. I'd rather play them late in the year when there was a better chance of Manning being effected by cold/adverse weather. Plus the last game they played was the OT loss to us. It will be fresh in their minds, and they will be highly motivated. That's not to say we can't win, but there were definitely better times for us to have this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    This will be a tough one. I'd rather play them late in the year when there was a better chance of Manning being effected by cold/adverse weather. Plus the last game they played was the OT loss to us. It will be fresh in their minds, and they will be highly motivated. That's not to say we can't win, but there were definitely better times for us to have this game.
    Ya see this is where we part company. The Ravens aren't "afraid" of Manning, and now Flacco has an ocean of confidence (winning the Super Bowl, and having an O coordinator that he's comfortable with). The game may be in Denver, but they will be haunted by that screwed up defensive play that let JJ score the tying TD. That may have them playing up tight, while the Ravens will be loose as a Christmas goose on December 23rd... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ya see this is where we part company. The Ravens aren't "afraid" of Manning, and now Flacco has an ocean of confidence (winning the Super Bowl, and having an O coordinator that he's comfortable with). The game may be in Denver, but they will be haunted by that screwed up defensive play that let JJ score the tying TD. That may have them playing up tight, while the Ravens will be loose as a Christmas goose on December 23rd... Bc
    I think its a little of both really. We could have hit them at a better time because they are a great team, but they should be equally "scared" of us as superbowl champions with a young team they havent seen. Its a shame we have to play away but well be alright regardless.
    -JAB

S U C K S !!!

I pay thousands of dollars as a season ticket holder and derserved to us play AT HOME the 1stgame of the year.

Very good chance we start 0-1 : (

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    weve actually crushed our 1st week opponents the last two years including a good 10-6 Bengals and a 12-4 Steelers. Broncos will be tough, but were pretty good with a couple extra days/weeks to prepare.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    S U C K S !!!

I pay thousands of dollars as a season ticket holder and derserved to us play AT HOME the 1stgame of the year.

i second this statement. starting off the new season at home with the afteglow of the SB would have felt nice. starting off the new season at home after possibly going 0-1 would be not so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think its a little of both really. We could have hit them at a better time because they are a great team, but they should be equally "scared" of us as superbowl champions with a young team they havent seen. Its a shame we have to play away but well be alright regardless.
    Agree, it's a bit of both.

On the other hand, Denver is going to be a major contender in the AFC: what a huge advantage for playoff tiebreakers if we are able to steal that one.

Harbaugh's Ravens with more than 7 days to prepare:

W wk 1 2008 Bengals h
    W wk 3 2008 Browns h
    W wk 4 2008 Steelers r (MNF)
    W wk 17 2008 Jax h (after Sat)
    W wk 1 2009 Chiefs h
    W wk 8 2009 Broncos h
    W wk 10 2009 Browns r (MNF)
    L wk 13 2009 Packers r (MNF)
    W wk 1 2010 Jets r
    W wk 9 2010 Miami h
    W wk 11 2010 Carolina r
    W wk 14 2010 Houston r (MNF)
    W wk 1 2011 Steelers h
    W wk 6 2011 Houston h
    L wk 7 2011 Jax r (MNF)
    W wk 13 2011 Browns r (after Thur)
    W wk 17 2011 Bengals r (after Sat)
    W div 2011 Houston h
    W wk 1 2012 Bengals h
    W wk 5 2012 Chiefs r (after Thur)
    W wk 9 2012 Browns r
    W SB 2012 Niners N

That comes to a 20-2 record! (.909) Pretty damn good.

If you exclude the 1-day diffs (MNF and playing the week after a Saturday game), so focusing on the ones where they have multiple extra days to prepare, then they are 15-0.
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 04-18-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree that we won't be afraid of Manning. I just think we'll be faced with a very determined opponent. As I said, we can still win. I just feel our chances would be better later in the season for the reasons listed in my last post.

Blog Entries

Regardless both teams will be completely different by the end of the season if they have to play each other again.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Doesn't really matter if the Ravens lose to the BroncHoes week 1, they beat them when it really mattered in the playoffs last year! I see the Ravens knocking them off again. Champ has been exposed, DRC is overrated, and their pass rush got worse since we got Doom. I'll feel even more confident if we get a top WR, S, and resign BigMac. Also getting Webb back.

Blog Entries

I agree that we won't be afraid of Manning. I just think we'll be faced with a very determined opponent. As I said, we can still win. I just feel our chances would be better later in the season for the reasons listed in my last post.
    K C, you've made some good points and may well be right. My take is that this 2013 Ravens team may be the best balanced roster we've ever had. We may not be as offensively dangerous as when Vinny T. was QB, and certainly not as strong as the 2000 defense,
    but accounting for all sides (O, D, ST) of the ball, I think we are equally as tough. IMO when teams see BALTIMORE on their schedule, they will say "oh oh, that's a loss"... Bc