Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

we are playing the Broncos

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...13-nfl-kickoff

it would have been embarrassing to open at pissburg.

Re: we are playing the Broncos

This will be a tough one. I'd rather play them late in the year when there was a better chance of Manning being effected by cold/adverse weather. Plus the last game they played was the OT loss to us. It will be fresh in their minds, and they will be highly motivated. That's not to say we can't win, but there were definitely better times for us to have this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    This will be a tough one. I'd rather play them late in the year when there was a better chance of Manning being effected by cold/adverse weather. Plus the last game they played was the OT loss to us. It will be fresh in their minds, and they will be highly motivated. That's not to say we can't win, but there were definitely better times for us to have this game.
    Ya see this is where we part company. The Ravens aren't "afraid" of Manning, and now Flacco has an ocean of confidence (winning the Super Bowl, and having an O coordinator that he's comfortable with). The game may be in Denver, but they will be haunted by that screwed up defensive play that let JJ score the tying TD. That may have them playing up tight, while the Ravens will be loose as a Christmas goose on December 23rd... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ya see this is where we part company. The Ravens aren't "afraid" of Manning, and now Flacco has an ocean of confidence (winning the Super Bowl, and having an O coordinator that he's comfortable with). The game may be in Denver, but they will be haunted by that screwed up defensive play that let JJ score the tying TD. That may have them playing up tight, while the Ravens will be loose as a Christmas goose on December 23rd... Bc
    I think its a little of both really. We could have hit them at a better time because they are a great team, but they should be equally "scared" of us as superbowl champions with a young team they havent seen. Its a shame we have to play away but well be alright regardless.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree that we won't be afraid of Manning. I just think we'll be faced with a very determined opponent. As I said, we can still win. I just feel our chances would be better later in the season for the reasons listed in my last post.

S U C K S !!!

I pay thousands of dollars as a season ticket holder and derserved to us play AT HOME the 1stgame of the year.

Very good chance we start 0-1 : (

Blog Entries

I don't think playing them Wweek 1 vs Week 10 will take much off Manning's play...

Honestly, the Broncos are, right now, our most dangerous opponent, with 2nd being the Texans in my eyes. Week 1 is a chance to give you 4+ months to prepare for your opponent. Remember two years ago we opened at home against the Steelers and absolutely SHELLACKED them? You don't think that was a focus towards the end of camp?

So, why not get the toughest game out of the way when you SHOULD be the healthiest and have the most time to prepare? Plus, worst case scenario if we lose, we have 15 more games to rebound with.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Regardless both teams will be completely different by the end of the season if they have to play each other again.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Very good chance we start 0-1 : (
    weve actually crushed our 1st week opponents the last two years including a good 10-6 Bengals and a 12-4 Steelers. Broncos will be tough, but were pretty good with a couple extra days/weeks to prepare.
    -JAB

Its bullshit courtesy of Goodell-- its EXACTLY his method.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    weve actually crushed our 1st week opponents the last two years including a good 10-6 Bengals and a 12-4 Steelers. Broncos will be tough, but were pretty good with a couple extra days/weeks to prepare.
    Those were home games.

It is what it is, and they were going to have to travel to Denver at some point anyway. I know Harbs won't use this as an excuse, just prepare and go to work.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Doesn't really matter if the Ravens lose to the BroncHoes week 1, they beat them when it really mattered in the playoffs last year! I see the Ravens knocking them off again. Champ has been exposed, DRC is overrated, and their pass rush got worse since we got Doom. I'll feel even more confident if we get a top WR, S, and resign BigMac. Also getting Webb back.