Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: What word will be sick of hearing when they describe the Ravens Week 1 game?

Its going to get old listening to the talking heads all week, talking about how the only reason that we beat the broncos in the playoffs was because of a lapse in their secondary.

Re: What word will be sick of hearing when they describe the Ravens Week 1 game?

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Its going to get old listening to the talking heads all week, talking about how the only reason that we beat the broncos in the playoffs was because of a lapse in their secondary.
    Living in Colorado no one is considering the Ravens have a chance to win the season opener. They feel they should have won the playoff game and this will be revenge. Nothing would make me happier than to wear my Ravens t-shirts after beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    And the lapse in our special teams...
    And the 28 other points that the Broncos accidentally gave up in regulation, at home.
    And Peyton Manning's inability to score in overtime.
    And John Fox's lack of confidence in Peyton Manning to run the 2 minute drill.
    And Peyton Manning's game choking interception.

Even after the game was tied up, the Broncos still had a chance to win. Champions come up big in the biggest games, and the Broncos as a team... CHOKED.

One thing we won't be hearing that week:

"Hey, why the long face?"

BS

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I know what word I wont get tired of hearing... Denver Broncos facing off against the Superbowl Champion Ravens.
    I agree. Especially when we win that night and Broncos start off 0-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I'm sure it will be a Manning love fest, which will get annoying, but I can't say I'm tired of the guy. He's a great player, and he's generally pretty classy.
    I think the word will be "pressure". The Broncos invested a lot into this one QB to get them over the hump, and they came up short last year.

In reality, all the pressure will be on the Broncos. If they lose to the Ravens, again, at home, it will amplify all the doubts about whether Manning is indeed the guy to get them to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I think the word will be "pressure". The Broncos invested a lot into this one QB to get them over the hump, and they came up short last year.

In reality, all the pressure will be on the Broncos. If they lose to the Ravens, again, at home, it will amplify all the doubts about whether Manning is indeed the guy to get them to the promised land.

But then I bet that he'll go on a run, finish 13-3, and still get a 1st round bye.