Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What word will be sick of hearing when they describe the Ravens Week 1 game?

1) Revenge? Can you get revenge for a playoff loss in week 1 of the regular season?
    2) Fluke? Even if the F- Bomb did have some luck, the Broncos still gave up 28 other points at home.
    3) Destiny? Because supposedly the Broncos and Peyton are ordainned to win something sometime.
    4) Manning? Lets face it, we are all pretty much sick of Manning
    5) Elite? They will still be asking the same questions about Joe.

The hype machine will be in full force when the reality is that whoever wins the game in week 1, the teams will likely be completely different if they meet again in the playoffs. And no amount of bravado from Broncos fans will change the fact that their coach, their QB and their team came up short last year when it matterred.

Blog Entries

Re: What word will be sick of hearing when they describe the Ravens Week 1 game?

Expect the whole country to be rooting against the Ravens in week 1 if it is indeed Denver we're opening up against. Its going to be a tough build up to the game for all of us.

Blog Entries

Re: What word will be sick of hearing when they describe the Ravens Week 1 game?

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    1) Revenge? Can you get revenge for a playoff loss in week 1 of the regular season?
    2) Fluke? Even if the F- Bomb did have some luck, the Broncos still gave up 28 other points at home.
    3) Destiny? Because supposedly the Broncos and Peyton are ordainned to win something sometime.

The hype machine will be in full force when the reality is that whoever wins the game in week 1, the teams will likely be completely different if they meet again in the playoffs. And no amount of bravado from Broncos fans will change the fact that their coach, their QB and their team came up short last year when it matterred.
    2). As if we haven't had 5 straight years of playoffs and 3 AFCCG's in those same 5 years. As if last season's playoff run was completely out of left field, despite our history of playoff success. Luck finds its way into every game. It isn't luck though when Flacco hit deep bombs all year long and throughout the playoff games. I swear if I hear anymore about Flacco merely throwing jumpballs to Boldin I am going to puke. As if other WRs in the league never leave the ground to make a catch. So annoying.

The only thing that isn't a fluke is Manning's career playoff performance. It has been proven over time. He got lucky and beat Rex Grossman in the SB.

On a related note, here are my top 5 hated teams going into 2013, for various reasons (hype, media bias, pompous fans, etc.)

1) Denver
    2) Atlanta
    3) SF
    4) Patriots
    5) Steelers (just for good measure, even though they seem to have fallen on hard times)

I'm sure it will be a Manning love fest, which will get annoying, but I can't say I'm tired of the guy. He's a great player, and he's generally pretty classy.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    On a related note, here are my top 5 hated teams going into 2013, for various reasons (hype, media bias, pompous fans, etc.)
    1) Steelers
    2) Steelers
    3) Steelers
    4) Steelers
    5) Patriots

If it's Denver, it will be Manning and Welker. And it will be hype up for them until Doom hits Manning, then it well change to, O the Superbowl champs are back.
    Hated teams,
    sqeelers
    NE
    Texan
    sqeelers
    Jets, don't hate them just think they are hilarious

At least we won't hear old or aging.

I hope that we win with a 70 yd bomb to Jacoby Jones thrown over some safety with the last name of Moore. Jacoby then precedes to pull out his DWTS trophy (he's winning) and dance for 20 mins (showcasing his elite global dance skills) drawing multiple flags.

Talk about hushing a crowd.

Blog Entries

I know what word I wont get tired of hearing... Denver Broncos facing off against the Superbowl Champion Ravens.
    -JAB

6) Goodell. The ass wipe that robbed us of our home opener.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I know what word I wont get tired of hearing... Denver Broncos facing off against the Superbowl Champion Ravens.
    This. We just won a Superbowl people. Let's not start with the "media hates us" angle 5 months before the season starts.

To offset all of this, we can take great pleasure in what the Bronco fans will get tired of hearing:

1. The Mile-High Miracle!
    2. Jacoby Jones!
    3. The annual Peyton Manning playoff choke job!
    4. The WORLD CHAMPION Baltimore Ravens!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

The Orioles
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"