Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I dare you to say the Ravens will not make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I prefer the Ravens not be the front runner before the season starts. I think this team plays better with a chip on it's shoulder.

So say the Bengals will win the AFCN in April all you want national media talking heads. Look what happened after the 13-3 2006 season when in 2007 everyone said the Ravens were going to take it all that season.
    I've never really understood that notion at all. How does the media dictate how games will go by not picking us? Do you think players really ultimately care about that, does it really change how they play on a given Sunday? I mean sure, in the play offs, maybe all the public hate made the players angry, but at the end of the day, when two teams step on the field in play off atmosphere, the last thing on their minds is what Skip Bayless said about them on ESPN.

2007 was bad because of a mass amount of injuries, not because we were favored lol.

Blog Entries

That's about the only thing that can really stop us from going all the way again
    but we won this year with a mass of injuries. Ravens never had Ray,
    Suggs, Webb or Jimmy on the field at the same time. Never.

And they still won the SB and with the 25th worse D while giving up
    458 yards in total offense during the SB. Of course Joe and the offense
    made up for that.

The other thing that can hold them back is if they lose their swagger like they
    did after SB 35. Remember, they played thru the POs for Ray so he'd go
    out a champ and with another ring.

There's more depth and I didn't mention Rolando McClain coming in.
    Nobody can replace Ray but we're better off now than 90% of the
    rest of the league even w/o him.

Now add the depth Ozzie will at the draft and we're even stronger.

It's taken Ozzie 17 years to get to this point losing some heart breakers
    along the way in Piss and NE and just missing SB 4 years before
    winning it all this year.

Ravens were a brand new organization 17 years ago and Ozzie was a
    new babe in his job and now the best there is.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-17-2013 at 05:31 PM.

The Ravens will not make the playoffs.

I can't believe no one has said that yet.

I don't believe that, but if you're gonna dare us - I'm up to the challenge!

:D

I honestly don't see much change at all in the AFC. I have a hard time seeing any non-playoff team from 2012 breaking through...maybe the Chiefs or Dolphins sneak into the wildcard conversation.

I know there is always an "out of nowhere" team, but does anybody really think the Bills, Jets, Browns, Jags, Titans, Chargers or Raiders have a realistic shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    A huge advantage we had was that there was relatively little tape of our Caldwell-led offense going into the playoffs. Now there's film.
    You do realize Caldwell ran the exact same offensive system as Cam, right?

You people who think Caldwell came in after the Deadskin game and completely reinvented the wheel with a new offensive philosophy crack me up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

You people who think Caldwell came in after the Deadskin game and completely reinvented the wheel with a new offensive philosophy crack me up.
    It was the same philosophy, but Caldwell made better uses and called the better plays and stuck to certain game plans unlike Cam. One of Cams problem was, he'd panic when something wasn't working out, so he'd go to one extreme to the other. Run game isn't working? Pass the ball 50 times a game. Joe Flacco starts turning the ball over? Pound the ball for 3 yards all game long and send everyone deep on 3rd and shorts. Some of the most idiotic play calling I've ever seen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I do worry about losing the leadership, passion and drive of Ray Lewis. It can't be over stated.
    Nobody can replace Ray's leadership...not even Ed Reed, if he was still here. However, there are some guys like Suggs and Yanda who I look to now. keep in mind that most of our 2013 roster will contain players with playoff/Super Bowl experience. We'll be alright... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

You realize that Caldwell was using new plays never before used by Cameron? Look at Torrey's first TD in the Denver playoff game. It was a Colts play used a lot by Manning. Double crossers underneath and Torrey on a vertical route.

Blog Entries

Ozzie isn't fucking around. I dare you, he says.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The offense this year under Caldwell is going to be something special. Expect big things from that side of the ball.
    Yeah, really looking forward to a full season with Caldwell as OC. I think he and Joe are really going to develop a special bond. It was amazing to see the difference in Joe's game after JC took over.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I've never really understood that notion at all. How does the media dictate how games will go by not picking us? Do you think players really ultimately care about that, does it really change how they play on a given Sunday? I mean sure, in the play offs, maybe all the public hate made the players angry, but at the end of the day, when two teams step on the field in play off atmosphere, the last thing on their minds is what Skip Bayless said about them on ESPN.

2007 was bad because of a mass amount of injuries, not because we were favored lol.
    It's just like bulletin board material. A professional football player shouldn't need that, but any type of motivation can't hurt.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah, really looking forward to a full season with Caldwell as OC. I think he and Joe are really going to develop a special bond.
    '

They already have. It showed up in the SB and his MVP award. Joe is using the same drills
    that Caldwell taught Peyton Manning and Manning still uses those drills.