Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cam Cameron LSU

Cam Cameron LSU

Cam Cameron is being offered the offensive coordinator postion at LSU.... What do y'all think?

http://fansided.com/2013/02/07/repor...ator-position/

Re: Cam Cameron LSU

I think he'll be great at the collegiate level. That's really where his strengths lie, IMO. Because there's a built in time clock that doesn't exist in the NFL. There's a natural turn over which will allow him to work with a different group every 3-4 years. That should fit his skill set to a "T".

His simplistic schemes will work at the collegiate level.

Blog Entries

As a LSU fan I probably should be upset but I agree with the other comments here. LSU needs help with their passing game. Cam's system of blocking, play-action and less receivers in the pattern would actually play to their strengths. With the matchup advantages they get because of their recruiting they don't need to be creative. They need to develop good fundamentals which is what Cam will be able to do for them. I think it's a smart move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    As a LSU fan I probably should be upset but I agree with the other comments here. LSU needs help with their passing game. Cam's system of blocking, play-action and less receivers in the pattern would actually play to their strengths. With the matchup advantages they get because of their recruiting they don't need to be creative. They need to develop good fundamentals which is what Cam will be able to do for them. I think it's a smart move.
    Let's see what a good, fresh start can do for Cam. Remember, we sang his praises in 2008-2010...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

A lot less hours than the NFL demanded and they do need some help. Does he have any ties to Miles? Just wondering because typically that's how these coaching things go

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Watching the LSU vs Bama title game two years ago... I thought he already was.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think he'll be good for you GOTA.

Side note- Kiper has us taking an LB from LSU (sorry forgetting his name). Quick thoughts on him?

Good for him, and if he takes it, I hope he does well. It didn't end well here, but he did a lot of good things for the Ravens. I think it was just a matter of needing a fresh POV to get things elevated to the next level.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

It depends which Cam shows up. The ultra conservative Cam that pounds the ball all day and goes off PA, and does what he did with Flacco in 08 and 09, then yeah its the right fit. However, even at the college level, if its the Cam that asks his QB to make 40-50 throws a game with mega simplistic designed plays/routes, etc then its still a bad fit. LSU haven't exactly been renowned for producing/recruiting any great QBs of late either.

His weakness at the pro level - implementing a rigid structure, with relatively little adaptation to the players in it - would be a strength at the collegiate level.

By all accounts he's good people. I hope it works out for him.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    I think he'll be good for you GOTA.

Side note- Kiper has us taking an LB from LSU (sorry forgetting his name). Quick thoughts on him?
    That's Kevin Minter. Very good college player but I don't like him for the Ravens in round 1. He's a smaller linebacker but he's not in the same league as Bobby Wagner or Mychal Kendricks who both went in round 2 last year. If the Ravens are going to take a LSU player in round 1 the guy I like is Bennie Logan. Logan is a 4-3 undertackle or a 3-4 DE. Logan is the guy who makes it possible for Minter to make all those tackles. He'll probably be gone by the time we pick but I would be interested if he's still around at 32.