Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I believe I heard the chargers may trade out of that spot, so if they trade back for another talent, thats when the door opens for mckinnie. Id agree it would be a dumb move to pass over any of those top 3, but it wouldnt be the first time a team did something idiotic.
    Yeah that would be a stupid move. The strength is in the middle of the draft this year, clearly, but you can't pass up on a potential franchise LT who would immediately upgrade your protection, the Chargers haven't been able to protect Rivers to save their lives through the past two seasons.

Blog Entries

I'll say it here, buried deep in this thread, where no one but the die-hards will read.

There is a plan to sign McKinnie, but Ozzie's patience is waiting and will be watching the draft for a possible move/fall.

I really think McKinnie will be signed, but he is still p*ssed at having been sat for the entire length of his incentive bonus playing time and wants to extract compensation...
    So he has the debt, needs the money, but is still angry at being cornered at last year's roster setting, having to take an incentive contract and getting the incentives vaporized.

We will have to pay decently, and my gut is currently saying that the funds are coming from Vonta.
    Cutting Vonta now is counterproductive, we want no one to know we are in the market for a FB in the late rounds... that is if we don't jump up and get a LT in the 1st.

I now understand that Ozzie's plans are not linear.
    It is not plan A then Plan B then Plan C (although he does have them called contingencies)
    It is more like Plan ABC where there are waymarkers, the plans all go in the same general direction so they are following a bunch of plans at the same time. They have a list of people they would trade up for and if one of those comes into range they jump (following plan A's path), if all are gone then they drop to their pick, and back to the list....
    They will know if their list has a consensus BPA and nobody else close, or they have 4 or 5 good choices. At that point they explore offers to trade back.
    I used to see it as 3 plans, I now see it as one plan with branches.
    We have moved up for people (Flacco, Pierce, Jah)
    We have moved down for people (Flacco again, Kindle, Upshaw)
    We have stayed put and taken Ed Reed.

Only way to anticipate is to know the board rankings, and they have far more research into all areas of a player than we will ever know.
    We can talk Teo, we have heard/read a ton of stuff on him, problem is what to give high cred to and what to discount? Doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is what the FO has determined, and we can't know that, but may get most-mortem hints from Eric well after the draft and UDFA signings.

I'll say again, if we don't get a near ready LT, Vonta is a salary cap casulty.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I'll say it here, buried deep in this thread, where no one but the die-hards will read.

There is a plan to sign McKinnie, but Ozzie's patience is waiting and will be watching the draft for a possible move/fall.

I really think McKinnie will be signed, but he is still p*ssed at having been sat for the entire length of his incentive bonus playing time and wants to extract compensation...
    So he has the debt, needs the money, but is still angry at being cornered at last year's roster setting, having to take an incentive contract and getting the incentives vaporized.

We will have to pay decently, and my gut is currently saying that the funds are coming from Vonta.
    Cutting Vonta now is counterproductive, we want no one to know we are in the market for a FB in the late rounds... that is if we don't jump up and get a LT in the 1st.

I now understand that Ozzie's plans are not linear.
    It is not plan A then Plan B then Plan C (although he does have them called contingencies)
    It is more like Plan ABC where there are waymarkers, the plans all go in the same general direction so they are following a bunch of plans at the same time. They have a list of people they would trade up for and if one of those comes into range they jump (following plan A's path), if all are gone then they drop to their pick, and back to the list....
    They will know if their list has a consensus BPA and nobody else close, or they have 4 or 5 good choices. At that point they explore offers to trade back.
    I used to see it as 3 plans, I now see it as one plan with branches.
    We have moved up for people (Flacco, Pierce, Jah)
    We have moved down for people (Flacco again, Kindle, Upshaw)
    We have stayed put and taken Ed Reed.

Only way to anticipate is to know the board rankings, and they have far more research into all areas of a player than we will ever know.
    We can talk Teo, we have heard/read a ton of stuff on him, problem is what to give high cred to and what to discount? Doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is what the FO has determined, and we can't know that, but may get most-mortem hints from Eric well after the draft and UDFA signings.

I'll say again, if we don't get a near ready LT, Vonta is a salary cap casulty.
    Id probably agree with just about everything you said here, although id take it a little further and say Vonta may go because of an UDFA just as easily as a drafted FB.
    -JAB

A very related nugget from one of PFF's analysts...

Steve Palazzolo‏@StevePalazzolo24m
    @KeithDeuces @ecstoner @jeffrisdon @abxxv25 Pressure from LT results in sacks 0.8 percent more than pressure from RT
    This is 2008-2012 seasons.

Article is here, but it may be premium content.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ning-pressure/
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver