Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

I think everyplayer on the roster has been linked to LT, just draft crap talk.

Blog Entries

My big takeaway here was simply that Oher isn't the defacto LT starter. I think it'll be addressed either in the draft or with Big Mac.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm with the camp that doesn't believe that Oher at LT is the end of the world (or our playoff odds) as we know it, but I would be stoked if we could bring in one more guy to upgrade our left or right tackle spots so KO can stay at guard. I think he and Yanda have to potential to be the best guard tandem in the league, and as Nawlins proved, great interior line play and a good game plan can mask sub par tackles. (Not that I feel Oher is sub par on the right, he was after all, part of that unbreakable playoff line everyone who wants Big Mac back keeps going on about.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Just heard Harbs (on 105.7) moderate his "KO at left tackle" comments. After a neutral initial response, he then referred to KO as a "candidate" for the job.

Strong offer out to The Whopper?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

They're not going to sign him before the draft, it makes more sense to play it out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think some people have/are REALLY underestimating McKinnie's chances of returning to Baltimore this season. McKinnie really is our only option at LT if you want solid play IN 2013. Oher is below average at LT, we don't know how KO would handle it, and I'm pretty sure any rookie we'd get a shot at drafting would not be ready to start at LT either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think some people have/are REALLY underestimating McKinnie's chances of returning to Baltimore this season. McKinnie really is our only option at LT if you want solid play IN 2013. Oher is below average at LT, we don't know how KO would handle it, and I'm pretty sure any rookie we'd get a shot at drafting would not be ready to start at LT either.
    I think he'll be back. People just need to relax and not get their panties in a bunch. I tend to believe McKinnie's only option right now is in Baltimore. Ozzie is just waiting it out right now, so he can get McKinnie at his price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think he'll be back. People just need to relax and not get their panties in a bunch. I tend to believe McKinnie's only option right now is in Baltimore. Ozzie is just waiting it out right now, so he can get McKinnie at his price.
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    i think were the favorite but his other options that hes stated as interested (Saints and Chargers) are both possible landing spots as well. With McKinnie, top dollar wins, which Im not sure we wont be, but those other two have openings and enough money to spend as well. Little early to count them out completely but i do expect him to be back next year at this point.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i think were the favorite but his other options that hes stated as interested (Saints and Chargers) are both possible landing spots as well. With McKinnie, top dollar wins, which Im not sure we wont be, but those other two have openings and enough money to spend as well. Little early to count them out completely but i do expect him to be back next year at this point.
    Yeah I agree, I think the Saints and the Chargers could make a play at him, but in the end both of those teams have better options in the draft, they are in good position to land one of the top 3 OTs if they wish (Saints would have to trade up). I think the Chargers would especially be stupid if they signed McKinnie, because they have a legit shot at getting at least Lane Johnson, and could even trade up for either Fisher or Joekel. I think we'll be willing to pay a little more purely because we have very little options this year at LT. We would also probably be able to field a top 5 Oline if we did bring McKinnie back because of where everyone would be playing, I hope we don't miss out on that opportunity.

Ye ol' RPRP
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah I agree, I think the Saints and the Chargers could make a play at him, but in the end both of those teams have better options in the draft, they are in good position to land one of the top 3 OTs if they wish (Saints would have to trade up). I think the Chargers would especially be stupid if they signed McKinnie, because they have a legit shot at getting at least Lane Johnson, and could even trade up for either Fisher or Joekel. I think we'll be willing to pay a little more purely because we have very little options this year at LT. We would also probably be able to field a top 5 Oline if we did bring McKinnie back because of where everyone would be playing, I hope we don't miss out on that opportunity.
    I believe I heard the chargers may trade out of that spot, so if they trade back for another talent, thats when the door opens for mckinnie. Id agree it would be a dumb move to pass over any of those top 3, but it wouldnt be the first time a team did something idiotic.
    -JAB