Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    I totally agree, to get him [B. Jones] the Ravens will have to trade up in the 3rd by either trading 4th and combo picks, or trading back with thier 1st rounder. Jones as the draft nears stock is rising and already is. He is smart, athletic enough, and versatile and always played well in college. If he is on the board at the last pick at in the 2nd, i'd take him.
    Here's where we part company. There is no way I would draft Jones with our 2nd round pick. We have needs LT, SS, and WR, which carry more weight. Now if Ozzie trades down in the 1st, acquires another draft pick, and that pick is used to move up in the 4th for Jones, then I'd be satisfied. 2nd round, as you posted, IMO is way too high for him... Bc

Blog Entries

I just think this says to me that they don't plan on moving Oher back to LT as pointed out already, and I actually think they will sign McKinnie again, and probably either get a developmental OT in the draft or just move KO over eventually and draft a developmental guard.

This is actually some good news, at least we wont have to deal with Oher at LT again.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Here's where we part company. There is no way I would draft Jones with our 2nd round pick. We have needs LT, SS, and WR, which carry more weight. Now if Ozzie trades down in the 1st, acquires another draft pick, and that pick is used to move up in the 4th for Jones, then I'd be satisfied. 2nd round, as you posted, IMO is way too high for him... Bc
    I agree with this.

I like Jones, but he is not someone needed to the point of reaching that far for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I just think this says to me that they don't plan on moving Oher back to LT as pointed out already, and I actually think they will sign McKinnie again, and probably either get a developmental OT in the draft or just move KO over eventually and draft a developmental guard.

This is actually some good news, at least we wont have to deal with Oher at LT again.
    I agree here too.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

According to this Ozzie stepped up his offer to Mc Kinnie.

If true, it sounds like he doesn't want to be left out altogether.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...yant-mckinnie/

It's anyone's guess with Ozzie. We didn't have a 1st round pick in 2010 or 2012 so it's not unreasonable to think that Ozzie would bundle 1st round pick next year to snatch a LT this year. This year is much better than next year to get a LT that is ready to start day 1.

Blog Entries

The Ravens have probably known for a while that Michael Oher was not their LT of the future, long term LT, whatever you want to call it. They drafted Oher to play RT while Gaither played left. Gaither couldn't get his head out of his ass and Oher had to be moved. Then, McKinnie was brought in and HE couldn't get his head out of HIS ass for a while. Once he did, for all of FOUR GAMES, the Ravens won the Super Bowl. However, there is little chance that he'll keep his head fresh for an entire season.

They've just picked unreliable people, whereas Jonathan Ogden was very reliable.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    According to this Ozzie stepped up his offer to Mc Kinnie.

If true, it sounds like he doesn't want to be left out altogether.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...yant-mckinnie/
    Isn't that the same site that kept saying we were close to re-signing Ellerbe?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    It's anyone's guess with Ozzie. We didn't have a 1st round pick in 2010 or 2012 so it's not unreasonable to think that Ozzie would bundle 1st round pick next year to snatch a LT this year. This year is much better than next year to get a LT that is ready to start day 1.
    You're way off here! In 2010 and 2012 Oz traded down into the 2nd round and picked up additional picks. I do not believe in any way, shape, or form, that he would trade away our 2014 pick. No way, no how... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Isn't that the same site that kept saying we were close to re-signing Ellerbe?

Well, we were close to signing Ellerbe til Miami stepped in -lol.

Hey - we got Elvis with Ellerbe's money. Thank U Miami, the same team that
    hired CAM as head coach and drafted Henne instead of Flacco. ILMAO

I was wondering about the validity of this tweeter or twitter or whatever.

It was posted on Sunspot and those guys thought it was generally legit.

Blog Entries

Upon further review:

I'll re-phrase that statement and say there's one guy on there who thinks it's a legit site.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthr...ryant-McKinnie

"Could" and when referencing an "if" scenario the answer is "probably".

Seems like no news to me.

After Kelechi's performance last year at LG, I find it hard to believe that they would move him to LT unless he dramatically out performs Oher in camp. Even if he is marginally better at LT than Oher I don't see him getting moved from LG. I like the idea of giving him snaps at LT if for no other reason than having him as LT insurance should our starter go down.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt