Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    ... Yes please. Shift KO to LT and slide Jones in at LG.
    I do not see that happening. With GG, a virtual rookie, starting Center, then a draft choice @ LG, plus a guy who did not play LT in 2012 moved out there...makes the left side a BIG ?
    That said, I'd still like to draft Barrett Jones to be kind of a super-sub OG/C back-up... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I do not see that happening. With GG, a virtual rookie, starting Center, then a draft choice @ LG, plus a guy who did not play LT in 2012 moved out there...makes the left side a BIG ?
    That said, I'd still like to draft Barrett Jones to be kind of a super-sub OG/C back-up... Bc
    I like Barrett Jones a lot as well. I am not sold on Gradkowski as the starting Center, and would view Jones as a possible alternative. Whichever one didn't get the starting job would be the top OG/C back-up as you stated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    This just reinforces my belief that they're going to target Barrett Jones in the second.
    I agree, I think Jones is an ultimate bargain. Especially since the Ravens draft LAST in the 2nd round and LAST in the 3rd. Noway, Jones will around when the Ravens pick in the 3rd. Jones is solid, can play C well if Gino cant hack it, can play G if injuries or a player is shifted and can even play RT if needed. He is solid and a 3 player in one assett, allows for also to keep another player at another position at another postition if needed. Jones is very solid. Good late 2nd round value, he might not be around when the Ravens even pick in the 2nd, but I hope so. Injuries will happen and provides insurance at several spots for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I like Barrett Jones a lot as well. I am not sold on Gradkowski as the starting Center, and would view Jones as a possible alternative. Whichever one didn't get the starting job would be the top OG/C back-up as you stated.
    I liked that sort of role for a guy liek Brian Schweinke from Cal, earlier in the process when he was touted as a 4th/5th rounder. Now that he has leapfrogged Jones and looks like a second rounder, perhaps Jones is the guy, but IMO a 2nd round pick is tooearly for the role we envision, IMO.

Blog Entries

I dig it, Dirt. Only thing is that Ozzie drafted GG (4th round) before a couple of more highly touted Centers were picked. So I conclude he really wanted him, and viewed him as Birk's successor. However, if they draft Jones, and he beats out GG in TC, then I'd be happy too... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I liked that sort of role for a guy liek Brian Schweinke from Cal, earlier in the process when he was touted as a 4th/5th rounder. Now that he has leapfrogged Jones and looks like a second rounder, perhaps Jones is the guy, but IMO a 2nd round pick is tooearly for the role we envision, IMO.
    Yeah i think Barrett Jones is could be a good swing guy, we need a backup C, but i just dont see a scenario the Ravens would take him before the 5th imo, just dont see the upside at any spot to justify taking him before that. Since i think he'll go in the 4th i dont think he'll be a guy we'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I dig it, Dirt. Only thing is that Ozzie drafted GG (4th round) before a couple of more highly touted Centers were picked. So I conclude he really wanted him, and viewed him as Birk's successor. However, if they draft Jones, and he beats out GG in TC, then I'd be happy too... Bc
    Glad someone pointed this out, i personally have no problem with Gino and like you said they obvious;y targeted him specifically and they knew retirement or no retirement they could only squeeze one more year out of Birk. I think Gino @ C in 2013 was always the plan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I have a feeling that Jones will go in the third round, but the Ravens will have to trade up in the third round to have a shot at him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Ozzie did indeed say that he felt that they had the ammo to trade up.
    Can't say I buy it though.
    I guess we'll all find out together!
    Of course they have the ammo but I doubt ozz gives up those #1 picks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Based on what I've seen in mocks lately we probably could get Jones with our 3rd. Could be one of the steals of the draft.

I am all for giving KO a shot at LT. Castillo turned Jason Peters from a mostly average LT to the best LT in the NFL in 2011. I trust him to at least turn KO into an above average starter at the position if he believes he is capable.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that Jones will go in the third round, but the Ravens will have to trade up in the third round to have a shot at him.
    I totally agree, to get him the Ravens will have to trade up in the 3rd by either trading 4th and combo picks, or trading back with thier 1st rounder. Jones as the draft nears stock is rising and already is. He is smart, athletic enough, and versatile and always played well in college. If he is on the board at the last pick at in the 2nd, i'd take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    I totally agree, to get him the Ravens will have to trade up in the 3rd by either trading 4th and combo picks, or trading back with thier 1st rounder. Jones as the draft nears stock is rising and already is. He is smart, athletic enough, and versatile and always played well in college. If he is on the board at the last pick at in the 2nd, i'd take him.
    I think a lot of people are failing to take into account that he will most likely miss half of his first season in the pros. That's gonna knock him down a lot as you generally want to get guys you can start right away (or at least get solid playing time value off the bat) in the first two rounds. And given the talent in this draft, that thinking likely extends into the middle of round three as well. Couple that with some scouts questioning his athletic ability and there is a great possibility that he will be there at the end of round 3.