Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Note the word "could" and the phrase "if the season started today".

Ozzie is not going to tip his hat and he's not doing it here. This is GM speak for an open competition at LT.
    Hes is saying that theyre not set with Oher though and handing him the position (like a recent thread suggested). Saying competition and that hed likely win said competition, should not be taken as a vote of confidence for Oher, even if "GM speak" its opening it up. Hes also not the coach though, and Harbs says who's going to play what not Ozzie.

youll see how serious he is by who we draft. We go G before T and theres probably more truth to it.
    -JAB

Curious if the Ravens would be interested in Brandon Albert during the draft when the pressure is on the Chiefs to trade an unhappy player.

OT: Is KO better than Oher on the left side. I don't think they let it get to that point and bring a player in (McKinnie and draft someone).

Isn't this the infamous "Liar's Lunch"?

and jsut say NO to Brandon Albert. Mild upgrade over Oher, but compensation in terms of both picks and his contract would not follow that valuation. Pass. I'd rather draft a COUPLE of players on this list:
    Chris Faulk
    Brennan williams
    David Quessenberry
    Luke Marquadt
    Xavier Nixon

This is actually good news. I posted a controversial thread a while ago that posed the theory that since 2010, the FO seemed to view Michael Oher as their LT of the future despite his lack of real success at the position. Looks like I was wrong, and the brass has come around to the reality that we all knew: he's not, and likely never will be, anything above mediocre at best at LT. Count me happy to be wrong.

I had also thought about KO at LT based on the Baldinger interview w/WNST, and that was an intriguing possibility to me. I certainly like that idea better than Oher just because KO has a very high ceiling, whether at tackle or guard, and all the physical tools to be a good LT (long arms, decent feet, sound technique, good athleticism).

Kick Oher over to RT and find a new LG... Barrett Jones in the 3rd, please??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Isn't this the infamous "Liar's Lunch"?
    :word This. I don't think you can believe anything that teams say leading up to the draft. The last thing they want to do is show their hand too early.

Ozzie call McKinnie / McKinnie call Ozzie

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Curious if the Ravens would be interested in Brandon Albert during the draft when the pressure is on the Chiefs to trade an unhappy player.

OT: Is KO better than Oher on the left side. I don't think they let it get to that point and bring a player in (McKinnie and draft someone).
    We can't afford him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Long term solution would be nice. When (in response to a question about a LT solution) DeCosta ran off a list of OTs and didn't mention Armstead at all, until the original questioner came back with "...and Armstead?", and then DeCosta add a couple of generic comments about Armstead. I'm not fooled...
    so in other words armstead is there target haha

In reference to LT, Oher's name was not mentioned by anyone in the room that I heard.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    McKinnie said the Ravens, Saints and Chargers are the three teams that have expressed interest. "[The Ravens] have also been hitting me up and keeping me in the loop," he said. "They also want me to keep them in the loop to make sure I don't make any decisions before anything is final."
    I think the FO might be thinking KO @ LT is alright but prefer McKinnie there to allow KO to remain at G. short term that probably is our best possible OL. longterm id still like to see what KO brings.
    -JAB

Smokescreen for the big trade up for Lane Johnson...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    "The Baltimore Ravens have stepped up their offer for free agent T Bryant McKinnie. The Chargers and Saints have expressed interest as well."
    http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...yant-mckinnie/