Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Are the Ravens more Popular than we Think?

The Ravens are more popular than we think....at least in terms of jersey sales. The only team to out sell the Ravens was the 49ers. The only Raven who had a top 10 selling jersey was Ray Lewis who was at #3 so it's more than just 1 player.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...y-sales-record

Joining a new team helped Peyton Manning reach No. 2 on the list, while retirement nostalgia brought Ray Lewis from No. 17 on the list the year before all the way up to No. 3 from April 1, 2012- March 31, 2013. Colin Kaepernick rocketed up to No. 4 and Tom Brady rounded out the top five.

Some other surprises from the list: Victor Cruz was the second most popular non-quarterback, ranking No. 8 overall. Tim Tebow as the most popular backup, ranking No. 14 despite his lost year in New York. And Adrian Peterson's incredible year didn't translate to sales: He barely cracked the top 25. Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees both had big falls out of the top ten, while Miles Austin fell from No. 11 out of the top 25.

The NFL also keeps track of team sales, with the San Francisco 49ers finishing on top for the first team since at least 1979. (The 49ers were No. 2 back in 1994 and 1995.) The rest of the top six selling teams are all in the Eastern time zone: The Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers, and New England Patriots. That, right there, is your East Coast bias.

Re: Are the Ravens more Popular than we Think?

Well I live in Central Jersey and I can count the number of Ravens fans I have met on my hands.

I know I am the only Ravens fan at my local sports bar.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Not surprising that the 2 teams that made the Super Bowl lead the league in jersey sells.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Not surprising that the 2 teams that made the Super Bowl lead the league in jersey sells.
    Yes, they get an extra two weeks of very enthusiastic fans buying up merchandise. I'm sure that makes a huge difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the Superbowl teams led every year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The 49ers have been in a ton of Super Bowls and this was the 1st time since 1979 they led the league in jersey sales. It has to be more than just getting to the game.

Blog Entries

wrong thread

Blog Entries

I'm down south and I see more and more Ravens stuff on cars, people wearing shirts, etc. Before the SB they did a survey at my kids school on who they wanted to win - 100% of the kids chose the Ravens. I was pretty surprised.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Well I'm in shitsburgh so of course we are well known here. If not, they will be if crossed my path. But in general, I sure hope Raven Nation is growing. We are only 17 years old and we already are around the world. I can say ever year I find more Ravens behind enemies lines here. I know of 15 Ravens here. Hopefully winning the last Superbowl will grow us bigger quicker. Purple Pride

Check out http://www.sportsfangraph.com/football-us. 13th most social fans isn't bad for a young franchise that only holds 1/3 of the counties in its own state.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Well I'm in shitsburgh so of course we are well known here. If not, they will be if crossed my path. But in general, I sure hope Raven Nation is growing. We are only 17 years old and we already are around the world. I can say ever year I find more Ravens behind enemies lines here. I know of 15 Ravens here. Hopefully winning the last Superbowl will grow us bigger quicker. Purple Pride
    I think you have to kind of look at like a 10 year plan. Lol. It's the kids that see the Superbowl and then grow up. In 2000, it was an ugly team/style for a kid to watch... I think you had to really be a hard core traditional fan of the game to love that Ravens team. But we had some stars. This 2012/2013 team is going to attract a lot of fans from the younger generation. There were insane offensive plays, so much media hype and what is turning out to be a somewhat dynamic QB MVP. I think things are growing to start growing pretty quickly.

Talk about compounding growth... Hopefully ever 10-15 year old that saw that SB win and was converted will grow up a Ravens fan, convert his wife/husband, and have 3 kid who root for the Ravens!

Lots of Ravens fans in Texas.

We started a fan group here and there's about 25-30 who show up on a regular basis.

The group in Austin is huge, getting 75-100 out for games.

Then you have The West Wing out in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Well I live in Central Jersey and I can count the number of Ravens fans I have met on my hands.

I know I am the only Ravens fan at my local sports bar.
    Same in North Jersey ;)