Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    In reference to LT, Oher's name was not mentioned by anyone in the room that I heard.
    They will not give him LT snaps in his contract year so that he won't be able to argue he deserves LT $$ in the upcoming negotiations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Smokescreen for the big trade up for Lane Johnson...
    Do you really think Johnson is worth trading up that far? I would think the Ravens would need to be in the Top 15 to have a shot at getting him.

Blog Entries

This shouldn't be shocking or surprising to anyone. Oher was never going to be the LT here again after last season. Of the in house options, which is what Ozzie/Harbaugh/DeCosta are speaking of, Osemele is the only option. Now, me personally, I don't know if Osemele is a LT either. I'm not real sure how a guy who had issues handling pass rushers on the right side is going to do better on the left against higher quality competition, but I guess we may find out.

I still think McKinnie or a drafted guy are more likely opening day starters at LT than Osemele. Remember they'll need to replace him at LG if they move him to LT, and I think we all recall the black hole that was that position last year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Do you really think Johnson is worth trading up that far? I would think the Ravens would need to be in the Top 15 to have a shot at getting him.
    Depends... using the traditional value chart? Probably not, as that would likely include 1+2 this year and 1 next year, but if we can get him at basically any cost in this year's picks with no first rounder next year then, YES.

I'm "hoping" that this year's lack of elite talent would make a trade up to he early teens more affordable then normal. that said, the rookie wage scale probably decreases that chance.
    Maybe they REALLY liek Armstead or Watson... and hope their chosen guy is available at 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    i have a feeling, and rightfully so, that we will be talking about a RB controversy next year especially if rice keeps putting the ball on the ground. rice is more diverse as a receiver but pierce looks like the long ball threat.

This just reinforces my belief that they're going to target Barrett Jones in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i have a feeling, and rightfully so, that we will be talking about a RB controversy next year especially if rice keeps putting the ball on the ground. rice is more diverse as a receiver but pierce looks like the long ball threat.
    I believe I made a thread a few months back saying Pierce is the next Adrian Peterson and was laughed at... He may not become that good but he will be ELITE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    I think Pierce is a much better pure runner right now. His vision is just incredible, and he has the speed/power to break tackles like nothing. I hope Caldwell gets them both on the field at the same time. Rice is a big time threat in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    This just reinforces my belief that they're going to target Barrett Jones in the second.
    Yes please. Shift KO to LT and slide Jones in at LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Now, me personally, I don't know if Osemele is a LT either. I'm not real sure how a guy who had issues handling pass rushers on the right side is going to do better on the left against higher quality competition, but I guess we may find out.

I still think McKinnie or a drafted guy are more likely opening day starters at LT than Osemele. Remember they'll need to replace him at LG if they move him to LT, and I think we all recall the black hole that was that position last year.
    Exactly. It isn't like Osemele was any better at RT than Oher was his rookie year. He probably was a bit worse. I am not sure he magically improves at LT, and we know he has performed very well at LG.

I think McKinnie is more likely than anything else, and a draftee is as likely as anyone currently on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    They will not give him LT snaps in his contract year so that he won't be able to argue he deserves LT $$ in the upcoming negotiations.
    Ya know, I actually thought about that...and they can "blame" it on OL stability/familiarity.
    Besides, WRT to contract value and priority, I'd say... Pitta > Art Jones > Oher.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Smokescreen for the big trade up for Lane Johnson...
    Ozzie did indeed say that he felt that they had the ammo to trade up.
    Can't say I buy it though.
    I guess we'll all find out together!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    "The Baltimore Ravens have stepped up their offer for free agent T Bryant McKinnie. The Chargers and Saints have expressed interest as well."
    http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...yant-mckinnie/
    Interesting ---- numerous people told me that there was ZERO chance of him coming back

I hope he does