Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Schedule Release Date Announced

Unfortunately, I gotta agree with you, BT.
    That's going to be a tough game for all the reasons you stated.
    Silly excuse. Since when does the NFL care about holidays? (Thanksgiving, Christmas etc)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Here is how I see it:

It is going to be Denver for the opener.

And it is likely going to play out like our game at Houston last year. Houston was so full of piss and vinegar from us ousting them in the playoffs they came out like gangbusters. Now of course Cameron's stupid playcalling worsened the issue...but that is another argument.

To open at Denver will have so many momentum forces applied against up.
    1) Denver home opener
    2) Bitterness over playoff defeat
    3) Addition of Wes Welker

I;m not saying we deserve more of a softball game (e.g. @ BUFF) to open the season, but we are really getting screwed here. Of course the NFL doesn't care about anything but ratings.

This just further pisses me off in regards to the whole scheduling conflict/Rosh Hash BS. We could easily open the year on Wed AT HOME like the SB champs should. Bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Unfortunately, I gotta agree with you, BT.
    That's going to be a tough game for all the reasons you stated.
    Silly excuse. Since when does the NFL care about holidays? (Thanksgiving, Christmas etc)
    Well, we also got Elvis Dumervil who isn't pleased with the way Denver handled things. So, I'm sure he'll be able to provide some insight.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

3. Re: Schedule Release Date Announced

If the NFL is only concerned about ratings wouldn't it make sense to put the Ravens/Broncos game later in the season. Everyone is so desperate for NFL come September that any game is going to get good ratings. I would like to see us play Pitt that first game, a division rival (like the Giants/Cowboys last year)...but that is just me.

I agree that it will be Denver. This is one of the biggest games for the NFL of the year and they are going to pair the Ravens with another contender to get the maximum amount of viewers. I think some folks are fooling themselves into thinking the NFL considers anything other than that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I agree that it will be Denver. This is one of the biggest games for the NFL of the year and they are going to pair the Ravens with another contender to get the maximum amount of viewers. I think some folks are fooling themselves into thinking the NFL considers anything other than that.
    La Canfora just confirmed Ravens @ Denver home opener on Twitter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, we also got Elvis Dumervil who isn't pleased with the way Denver handled things. So, I'm sure he'll be able to provide some insight.
    Oh no doubt. I hope we go in and punch them in the mouth. But I won't be surprised if we can't match the momentum and advantage Denver will have.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeinJax View Post
    If the NFL is only concerned about ratings wouldn't it make sense to put the Ravens/Broncos game later in the season. Everyone is so desperate for NFL come September that any game is going to get good ratings. I would like to see us play Pitt that first game, a division rival (like the Giants/Cowboys last year)...but that is just me.
    Why would you do that? Strike while it's hot. They are concerned about ratings. That's why this matchup makes sense now. The game might mean less later in the season if both or one of the teams is struggling.

Peter Burns reports:

"Sources" confirm: #Ravens will open NFL season at #Broncos, and #Broncos to play #Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day.

Interesting that they have them play the cowboys on thanksgiving instead of NYG.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    Peter Burns reports:

"Sources" confirm: #Ravens will open NFL season at #Broncos, and #Broncos to play #Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day.

Interesting that they have them play the cowboys on thanksgiving instead of NYG.
    It's the Cowboys turn to host an AFC team...they alternate with the Lions so CBS can broadcast one of the day games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The only good thing about opening @ denver is they are our western most opponent, and we get that trip out of the way and get 3 extra days to recover until the next opponent.

Blog Entries

How many prime time games will the Ravens get, any guesses?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How many prime time games will the Ravens get, any guesses?
    I say five. And four of them better be at home since we missed out on our opener.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"