Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Re: Schedule Release Date Announced

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I think with the way the Ravens prepare in training camp, getting the Denver game out of the way first thing is awesome. If we can come out with a win, that puts us in excellent position. We all know when the Ravens have 6+ months to plan for opponents, they wind up crushing them. See the last two openers, we destroyed Pittsburgh and Cincy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think Denver would be the best case for us, they are one of the hardest teams on our schedule, if not the hardest team we have, and if we can get them out of the way to begin with, and hopefully come out with a win it will put us in good position.
    :word to both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Well they Nflnetwork is airing a show now called the perfect schedule. Going through the match ups and of course the Pats and Broncos are going to win every game...

By the way the last two year opener were blowouts but they were both home games
    Thats why they play the games!

I know they were @ home, but still, the way the Ravens go about training camp lately to prepare for the first opponent has to count for something.

Blog Entries

I really dislike that Elliot Harrison on NFLN. He REALLY seems to dislike the Ravens. Seems to think Dolphins/Steelers is a better game than any games the Ravens have this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    So... when does the leaking begin..?????
    I hate to give Nestor credit for anything, but last year WNST posted the schedule around 9 AM in the morning the day of the release show, and it was correct. And as I recall, the Sun even ran the schedule that afternoon, 3-4 hours before the program even aired.. So we are liable to see the schedule sometime tomorrow morning..

A few things I'm hearing:

Ravens will play at Denver on the Opening Night (September 5th, game we should have been able to host)

Ravens will play their home opener (celebration) vs. NE on the 15th. (Not sure if it will be on SNF, but probably not)

Ravens will host the Steelers on Thanksgiving night

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1217 View Post

Ravens will play at Denver on the Opening Night (September 5th, game we should have been able to host)

Ravens will play their home opener (celebration) vs. NE on the 15th. (Not sure if it will be on SNF, but probably not)

I heard the Thanksgiving night game was Broncos vs Giants (Manning love fest). Guess we'll know soon

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1217 View Post

I heard that New England game is going to be a Monday night game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I heard the New England game was going to be a late season Saturday game.

Ok no I didn't, just felt good to say since everybody else is "hearing" stuff.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I heard the Thanksgiving night game was Broncos vs Giants (Manning love fest). Guess we'll know soon
    After the Harbaugh bowl, I'd be down for that.
    Fratricide is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I heard the New England game was going to be a late season Saturday game.

Ok no I didn't, just felt good to say since everybody else is "hearing" stuff.
    I heard that, right now, in Paris, France, even as we speak, Louis Pasteur has devised a new vaccine that will obliterate anthrax once and for all.

Someone tell the Orioles now not to schedule at home for the opening Thursday night game in 2014.

Blog Entries

Here is how I see it:

It is going to be Denver for the opener.

And it is likely going to play out like our game at Houston last year. Houston was so full of piss and vinegar from us ousting them in the playoffs they came out like gangbusters. Now of course Cameron's stupid playcalling worsened the issue...but that is another argument.

To open at Denver will have so many momentum forces applied against up.
    1) Denver home opener
    2) Bitterness over playoff defeat
    3) Addition of Wes Welker

I;m not saying we deserve more of a softball game (e.g. @ BUFF) to open the season, but we are really getting screwed here. Of course the NFL doesn't care about anything but ratings.

This just further pisses me off in regards to the whole scheduling conflict/Rosh Hash BS. We could easily open the year on Wed AT HOME like the SB champs should. Bastards.
    Last edited by bt12483; 04-18-2013 at 10:10 AM.