Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 46
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.



    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    And has an uneven record in that round. Cody, Kindle, Adam Terry and others. He more than makes up for it in later rounds, though.
    Ozzie's record is pretty damn good overall in that round. If you discount the 2010 draft, he's been great lately in the 2nd round.

    Ray Rice
    Paul Kruger
    Torrey Smith
    Courtney Upshaw
    Kelechi Osemele




  2. #26

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    And has an uneven record in that round. Cody, Kindle, Adam Terry and others. He more than makes up for it in later rounds, though.
    There were two Codys in the 2nd round that both haven't worked out. Terrence isn't even 25 yet, so he has a chance to turn that around a bit.




  3. Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    1-32: Matt Elam, S, Florida.
    2-62: Menelik Watson, LT, FSU
    3-94: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    4-129: Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
    4-130: Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
    5-165: Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia
    5-168: Brian Winters, OG, Kent St
    6-199: Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
    6-200: Khaled Holmes, C, USC
    6-203: Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest
    7-238: Bradley Mcdougald, S, Kansas
    7-247: TJ Barnes, DT, Georgia Tech

    The more I do these, the more I can see a lot of moving. Just so many picks and so much flexibility.
    Formerly runrayrun27





  4. Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    1-32: Matt Elam, S, Florida.
    2-62: Menelik Watson, LT, FSU
    3-94: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    4-129: Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
    4-130: Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
    5-165: Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia
    5-168: Brian Winters, OG, Kent St
    6-199: Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
    6-200: Khaled Holmes, C, USC
    6-203: Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest
    7-238: Bradley Mcdougald, S, Kansas
    7-247: TJ Barnes, DT, Georgia Tech

    The more I do these, the more I can see a lot of moving. Just so many picks and so much flexibility.
    Formerly runrayrun27





  5. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    1-32
    The more I do these, the more I can see a lot of moving. Just so many picks and so much flexibility.
    Exactly. I start to make a mock draft and before I am done day 2 I just know that the Ravens will have already traded picks, possibly a couple of times.





    And Re: Travis Kelce. The big unknown about him is that he was suspended for all of 2010 for as yet undisclosed reasons. You have to figure that NFL teams know what those reasons were even as we fans don't.




  6. #30

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    1-32: Matt Elam, S, Florida.
    2-62: Menelik Watson, LT, FSU
    3-94: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    Pure fantasy that we'd be able to get all three of these guys. Watson's not making it out of the first.

    Needless to say, I'd be thrilled if we pulled these three guys next wkend.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ozzie's record is pretty damn good overall in that round. If you discount the 2010 draft, he's been great lately in the 2nd round.

    Ray Rice
    Paul Kruger
    Torrey Smith
    Courtney Upshaw
    Kelechi Osemele
    Hilariously enough, Kruger was used as an example of poor 2nd round draft choices as recently as 2 years ago.




  8. #32

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    1-32: Matt Elam, S, Florida.
    2-62: Menelik Watson, LT, FSU
    3-94: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    4-129: Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
    4-130: Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
    5-165: Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia
    5-168: Brian Winters, OG, Kent St
    6-199: Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
    6-200: Khaled Holmes, C, USC
    6-203: Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest
    7-238: Bradley Mcdougald, S, Kansas
    7-247: TJ Barnes, DT, Georgia Tech

    The more I do these, the more I can see a lot of moving. Just so many picks and so much flexibility.
    Great draft. Even though we only shared one similar pick (Reddick), we have a lot of similar ideas.

    I have Larry Black Jr as our last pick. You have another DT with Barnes.

    You have Michael Williams, who had been off every speculative draft I had done prior to my final one. I left him off because of the Eifert pick.

    Elam would be my pick at 32 (assuming we don't trade down) if Eifert was off the board by then.

    You have us double dipping at S. I was very close to adding Tony Jefferson from Oklahoma as a 2nd safety in my mock draft.


    A couple of small gripes:

    I love the Winters and Holmes picks, but I'm not a Menelik Watson fan in the least. I don't view him as a LT in the NFL and have concerns about him as a starter even at RT. However, if he is still there at 62, I think I feel better about him. I think he will be off the board by pick 50 at the latest though.


    You have us drafting two more WRs when we have 7 WRs, the oldest of whom is 28, on the roster already. I think the odds of us drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds are pretty high, but I don't know how logical it would be to take a 2nd WR that late in the draft. We already have Thompson and Streeter as our developmental guys. I struggle to see how a WR picked that late would ever have a legit chance of having a value for us short-term or long term.

    I think a better pick that late in the draft would be a CB. There are some good CBs that we can get in the late 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds. We don't have the surplus of depth at CB that we do at WR. Plus, CB is the position with the highest rate of injury. I like Williams from Cal in the spot where you have Goodwin, if we still had not addressed CB up to that point.

    Also, I'm not sure there would be room for Geathers or Barnes on this years 53 man roster. DT is pretty deep this year, but could thin out a lot next year with Cody and Art Jones each being UFAs after 2013. I think drafting both guys would be perfectly okay, although I'm not sure there would be much impact that either would bring as far as next year was concerned.




  9. Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

    A couple of small gripes:

    I love the Winters and Holmes picks, but I'm not a Menelik Watson fan in the least. I don't view him as a LT in the NFL and have concerns about him as a starter even at RT. However, if he is still there at 62, I think I feel better about him. I think he will be off the board by pick 50 at the latest though.


    You have us drafting two more WRs when we have 7 WRs, the oldest of whom is 28, on the roster already. I think the odds of us drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds are pretty high, but I don't know how logical it would be to take a 2nd WR that late in the draft. We already have Thompson and Streeter as our developmental guys. I struggle to see how a WR picked that late would ever have a legit chance of having a value for us short-term or long term.

    I think a better pick that late in the draft would be a CB. There are some good CBs that we can get in the late 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds. We don't have the surplus of depth at CB that we do at WR. Plus, CB is the position with the highest rate of injury. I like Williams from Cal in the spot where you have Goodwin, if we still had not addressed CB up to that point.

    Also, I'm not sure there would be room for Geathers or Barnes on this years 53 man roster. DT is pretty deep this year, but could thin out a lot next year with Cody and Art Jones each being UFAs after 2013. I think drafting both guys would be perfectly okay, although I'm not sure there would be much impact that either would bring as far as next year was concerned.
    Great criticism with some extremely logical points.

    In terms of WR, we have a lot of deep threat guys on the roster, but not so much possession/slot guys. I feel like guys like Streeter and Thompson are best suited for the wide out (as well Smith and Jones). Doss could fit that slot spot but Idont like his hands. Rogers and Goodwin are both slot guys IMO.

    I do like the Watson pick. I think he has alot ofupside. The reason I have him falling is becuase I think he is viewed as too much of a project to warrant an earlier pick.

    CB comment was fair and was neglected in my mock

    In terms of DT I honestly didn't know what else to pick with 12 picks haha.
    Formerly runrayrun27





  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    I get one of those dreams every year come draft week that one elite player somehow falls to our pick, and that for me this year is Kenny Vacorro. Don't get me wrong, I love Elam too, but Vaccoro just has that all around game to him that would make him an instant impact player on our defense.




  11. #35

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Love the draft chatter. I think the Ravens should come away from the first 3 rounds with some DL prospects love the group. I am not crazy about drafting linebackers, saftey and TE in the first couple rounds unless they look legendary.

    I love me some Honey Badger too. That guy is a baller. Forcing fumbles, returning punts, physical tackles, and that was all while smoking weed every day. There is no telling how good he could be with his shit together. Also there is a long list of top prospects who dropped in the draft for weed issues who still turned out to be great pro's whether they ever stopped smoking or not. Randy Moss does not look like he ever really stopped. Neither does Sapp. Ricky Williams was good. I am not saying players should smoke or teams should ignore the red flags, but it has not really been a career killer for guys with talent. I would be more concerned with guys with drinking problems or steroid suspision.







  12. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,346
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

    Can anyone remember Ozzie ever drafting a small school player in round 1 or even round 2? We've seen him do it after that but I can't remember it happening in the first 2 rounds of the draft. That's why I'm not sure that Armstead is even on his list before round 3, and he'll be long gone by then.
    Last edited by GOTA; 04-19-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: posted wrong name originially
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland