Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joe Kruger DE Utah

I was looking at a draft magazine recently and was looking at some of the DE prospects that the Ravens may look at as late round picks or even undrafted free agents and I came across a section on Joe Kruger. It really only caught my attention because its Paul Kruger's little brother and if it werent for the pedigree I probably would'nt have given the column a second look. I had no clue Paul's brother was at Utah. looks like he has the frame for a dominant DE, but I was hoping someone who plays close attention to Pac-12 football might chime in on what he might bring to an NFL roster. From the short column I read, it sounds like he's a raw prospect. I'm intrigued about having two brothers play against one another in the same division.

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Kruger DE Utah

I don't really watch the pac 12 AT ALL, but I have watched clips of this kid, and I think if he puts on around 20 lbs of muscle, I think he can make a good 5 tech in a 3-4.

Blog Entries

He's got a good build, other than needing to add a few lbs as leach stated above. Would've done him good to stay in school one more year IMO.

Sun did an article on him a few weeks back: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3016924.story

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

There are actually two Krugers in this years draft. Dave is the other Kruger but Joe is more
    talented by far.

Ravens already met with Joe Kruger at the combines. He said they talked about Paul a lot and they love him and want to keep him but might not be able to because of their tight cap situation.

They met on 26 Feb before Paul signed with Indy. Joe has played on all the positions on the d-line and Ozzie loves guys that can play more than 1 position.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ravens took him with one of the extra comp picks they have.

Dave could be signed as un-drafted free agent by someone, maybe even the Ravens.

Here's Joe's pic at the combines. He even looks like Paul.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwCg&dur=1680

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3016924.story
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-15-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ravens already met with Joe Kruger at the combines....

They met on 26 Feb before Paul signed with Indy.
    Um--

SAY WHAT???

I was under the distinct impression that PK's a Brownie now...or have I fallen through a crack in the continuum into a parallel universe?

Blog Entries

He is , he is a brownie/clownie now.

Read the date.

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Well, it's interesting that you mention a possible need to add weight. That is what they had Paul Kruger do and wasted about a good two years of his development, trying to make him the 3-4 DE he was not. Once Chuck Pagano became the defensive coordinator, he placed Kruger back where he probably should have been all along: 3-4 OLB and Nickel End.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, it's interesting that you mention a possible need to add weight.
    As soon as I read "if he puts on around 20 lbs of muscle", I started having flashbacks to the three virtually wasted years with P. Kruger.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

If the Ravens are looking for a 5-technique DE and want to keep a Kruger on the roster...why not take Dan Kruger? IIRC, he is also trying to be drafted and he is more of a DT than Joe Kruger is. I think Dan Kruger is 6'7" 290lbs or so.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He is , he is a brownie/clownie now.

Read the date.

:grbac:
    Read the date? Paul Kruger never signed with Indy. I think that was his point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, it's interesting that you mention a possible need to add weight. That is what they had Paul Kruger do and wasted about a good two years of his development, trying to make him the 3-4 DE he was not. Once Chuck Pagano became the defensive coordinator, he placed Kruger back where he probably should have been all along: 3-4 OLB and Nickel End.
    ^This. We just did the Kruger experiment. I hope if we draft Joe we won't make the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I had no clue Paul's brother was at Utah. looks like he has the frame for a dominant DE, but I was hoping someone who plays close attention to Pac-12 football might chime in on what he might bring to an NFL roster.
    Oregon Ducks fan here. Joe is entering the draft before his eligibility was up and honestly it surprised folks all around the Pac-12, including Utah. He's not ready. He's a decent DE, nothing more and he didn't hold down a starters job. Was not considered Pac-12 elite. Benefited from being on the same line as Star.

He does seem like more of a DL guy than Paul was though there is similarity to their games. However he's not an option to play DT: DE/OLB rush LB type like his brother. He's definitely a developmental prospect; don't expect anything out of him for a couple of years. He has some fluidity to his game that scouts like but it didn't translate into nearly as much as you would hope.

I see he's projected as a 4th or 5th round pick? If so pass: don't take him before the end of round 6 at the earliest.