Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 119
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon



    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's all it takes. Just 1 nut job can hurt or kill many people. We've seen it happen over and over and honestly I don't see how they can be stopped before they do these things. I live 15 miles from Newtown. Our schools were secured for about 2 weeks after it happened. Now it's only the elementary school that you have to buzz to get in. If some asshole wanted to do something in the middle school it would be pretty easy. Hell, if someone wanted to put a car bomb in a mall they wouldn't be stopped unless someone knew it was being planned. How can law enforcement deal with these sickos before they do something? I don't think they can.
    Odd...The elementary school my son will be going to, in Carroll County, MD...you have to be buzzed in for.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    This is crazy... It definitely stinks of some sort of terrorism.

    http://deadspin.com/explosions-repor...ium=socialflow




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,824
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's all it takes. Just 1 nut job can hurt or kill many people. We've seen it happen over and over and honestly I don't see how they can be stopped before they do these things. I live 15 miles from Newtown. Our schools were secured for about 2 weeks after it happened. Now it's only the elementary school that you have to buzz to get in. If some asshole wanted to do something in the middle school it would be pretty easy. Hell, if someone wanted to put a car bomb in a mall they wouldn't be stopped unless someone knew it was being planned. How can law enforcement deal with these sickos before they do something? I don't think they can.
    The reality is that you can't.

    For the most part, someone probably knew, but didn't say anything. That happens a lot, unfortunately. People don't think that others they know are capable or being serious until it happens.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,482

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's all it takes. Just 1 nut job can hurt or kill many people. We've seen it happen over and over and honestly I don't see how they can be stopped before they do these things. I live 15 miles from Newtown. Our schools were secured for about 2 weeks after it happened. Now it's only the elementary school that you have to buzz to get in. If some asshole wanted to do something in the middle school it would be pretty easy. Hell, if someone wanted to put a car bomb in a mall they wouldn't be stopped unless someone knew it was being planned. How can law enforcement deal with these sickos before they do something? I don't think they can.
    Yup. Ask any Secret Service or FBI agent.

    The "lone nut" is the one thing that keeps them all awake at night for that very reason. If one person is willing to do something horrible (with little or no regard to their life), they are virtually unstoppable.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #20

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's all it takes. Just 1 nut job can hurt or kill many people. We've seen it happen over and over and honestly I don't see how they can be stopped before they do these things. I live 15 miles from Newtown. Our schools were secured for about 2 weeks after it happened. Now it's only the elementary school that you have to buzz to get in. If some asshole wanted to do something in the middle school it would be pretty easy. Hell, if someone wanted to put a car bomb in a mall they wouldn't be stopped unless someone knew it was being planned. How can law enforcement deal with these sickos before they do something? I don't think they can.
    I agree with you 100%. I see now way to stop sickos either.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westmonster
    Posts
    570

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Odd...The elementary school my son will be going to, in Carroll County, MD...you have to be buzzed in for.
    My wife is a teacher for Carroll County, you have to be buzzed in for that one.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Wow that is terrible, if this was done on purpose, I hope those assholes get what they deserve, whoever they are. I do not understand the obsession these days to cause shit like this, it seems like something new happens every month now.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,482

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    The time of the explosions is very ominous.

    I've run my share of races and the 4 hour mark of a marathon is when the average Joe's are finishing. Families gather to cheer on their relatives and the crowd triples.

    Very sad.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,824
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Speaking of Newtown...

    Michael Ditto @janus303

    Oh jeez, AP reporter on TV says Newtown families were in the VIP section right by the explosion. No injury reports, she's locked down w/ one
    7:29 PM - 15 Apr 13
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #25

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Speaking of Newtown...

    Michael Ditto @janus303

    Oh jeez, AP reporter on TV says Newtown families were in the VIP section right by the explosion. No injury reports, she's locked down w/ one
    7:29 PM - 15 Apr 13
    I just got goosebumps reading you post this




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,022
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yup. Ask any Secret Service or FBI agent.

    The "lone nut" is the one thing that keeps them all awake at night for that very reason. If one person is willing to do something horrible (with little or no regard to their life), they are virtually unstoppable.
    That's why I could never be in law enforcement. It's got to rip you apart knowing that you have to react after something terrible has happened and just hope that you prevent the next thing.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,022
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wow that is terrible, if this was done on purpose, I hope those assholes get what they deserve, whoever they are. I do not understand the obsession these days to cause shit like this, it seems like something new happens every month now.
    They're finding secondary devices which means this absolutely was done on purpose.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westmonster
    Posts
    570

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They're finding secondary devices which means this absolutely was done on purpose.
    Yep
    NBC Reported:
    Small Homemade bomb is preliminary cause of explosion at Boston Marathon, law enforcement officials tell NBC News




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,482

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Seeing Tweets that there's a third explosion at the JFK Library ....

    EDIT: Now they're saying a simple electrical fire
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westmonster
    Posts
    570

    Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

    Also, if your following Glenn Younes, he just retweeted a picture, not for the weak stomached. Regretted that i viewed it. just a warning.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland