Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

From Patton Oswalt:
    Boston. Fucking horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Looks like someone whose supposed to be the "suspect"
    Seems far-fetched. They supposedly caught the guy on the ground by the finish line...if he were on the rooftop, why would have have run down to the ground level?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it could be total coincidence...maintenance worker on roof, after blast gets knocked down...

why would the guy be walking AS he's detonating the thing?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I just seen a picture of a wounded person and it was horrible, this is very very disturbing, what a disgusting piece of trash whoever did this.

Blog Entries

They just announced an 8 year old was killed! There is a special place in hell for these fucks!

Blog Entries

CBS News ‏@CBSNews 6m
    JUST IN: @JohnMillerCBS reports that individual is in custody after Boston blast, a Saudi national. Reported cooperative/denies involvement.

Blog Entries

Very disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They just announced an 8 year old was killed! There is a special place in hell for these fucks!
    I honestly shed a few tears when they reported that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    CBS News ‏@CBSNews 6m
    JUST IN: @JohnMillerCBS reports that individual is in custody after Boston blast, a Saudi national. Reported cooperative/denies involvement.
    This goes hand in hand with a friend on FB, ...............................

Lots of misinformation and piecemeal reports right now. Just like the 2nd shooter thing at Newton. Guy could turn out to be a nobody, and there could be a lot of revisions by the time all is said and done.
    Last edited by Mista T; 04-15-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: please keep political speculation out of this discussion
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Please can everyone stop speculating with theories, possible motives and amateur intelligence analysis? It's only been a few hours since the explosions and we simply don't know who/what/why. This isn't a criticism of anyone in particular on this board, it's just exasperating to see all this speculation (based on zero evidence) on facebook and twitter etc when we should be focusing on the victims.

Blog Entries

I noticed the NYPost's version is wildly different (worse) than other news outlets in terms of the number killed and that there is a Saudi suspect in custody.

Has any reputable news outlet stated that there is a suspect in custody, other than referencing NYP?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

http://t.co/CHXcGbFDA0

5 unexploded devices found