Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1

Multiple people including runners, police, and bystanders injured.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: OT - 2 explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

Very very sad news.

Blog Entries

Security is pretty high at big events like those in the city...I want to know how they went undetected.

And yes, it is very sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Security is pretty high at big events like those in the city...I want to know how they went undetected.

And yes, it is very sad news.
    Not really.

You can walk right up to the running route and the finish line if you so chose.

Two explosions along two different areas of the route tells me this was certainly deliberate.

And it happend in Boston, who was known for the Boston Tea party. If I am not mistaken that was where they threw tea overboard to show thier disapproval for being taxed on tea and today is tax day.

Trust me I am not a conspiracy theorist, but a lot of coincidence. Also, I am not a history buff at all so I may be wrong about everything I stated.

It makes me sad and angry though hearing this.

Blog Entries

I don't know how you police an event of that size. If someone wants to cause trouble and they are even remotely clever they're going to do it. It really sucks that we continue to see these things happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't know how you police an event of that size. If someone wants to cause trouble and they are even remotely clever they're going to do it. It really sucks that we continue to see these things happening.
    I do not see how you could with an event like this either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not really.

Two explosions along two different areas of the route tells me this was certainly deliberate.
    I ran the Rock N Roll USA Half Marathon in DC in March...

I can guarantee there was no sort of checkpoints. My wife and two kids were in the Family area alongside the finish line, no checkpoints to get there. No checkpoints for me getting off the train and into the middle of the huge corral at the start, and that was with a backpack.

at this point, we should expect to just be searched anywhere we go. No where seems to be off limits.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    And it happend in Boston, who was known for the Boston Tea party. If I am not mistaken that was where they threw tea overboard to show thier disapproval for being taxed on tea and today is tax day.

Trust me I am not a conspiracy theorist, but a lot of coincidence. Also, I am not a history buff at all so I may be wrong about everything I stated.

That's a little stretched...it's a big city and a VERY well known event, and running events usually aren't as secured as say baseball or football games.

Very easy for a lone nut job to put something together to cause lots of terror without making a statement about taxes, etc.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not really.

I get that.

I just know that at big time events like there there is always a presence of FBI, DHS, etc to help the local PD.

Either the bombs were planted before the race started, which is odd that no one noticed, or they planted them during the race, which I guess is more probable because the amount of people would make it hard to really notice something like that.

Definitely deliberate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post

Interesting theory.

CNN reported 4 people were taken to the hospital. Hopefully that number stands to be true and that they come through ok.