Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Do we know for sure whether the NFL is releasing the the regular season schedule tomorrow?

I believe the NFL had originally announced the 2013 schedule would be released tomorrow. Then I heard it may be delayed. Do we know if it is coming out tomorrow or not?

I've heard Internet rumors it would be tomorrow but not a word from the league confirming it.

Blog Entries

Re: Do we know for sure whether the NFL is releasing the the regular season schedule tomorrow?

It looks like there may be a delay. I noticed this PFT article that references the NFL Network schedule at 8 EST on the 16th.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-on-april-16/

But it's currently not in that timeslot

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networ...04%2F16%2F2013

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Do we know for sure whether the NFL is releasing the the regular season schedule tomorrow?

The NFL has turned this into an event. They'll promote it when it gets closer.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    I believe the NFL had originally announced the 2013 schedule would be released tomorrow. Then I heard it may be delayed. Do we know if it is coming out tomorrow or not?
    It has dropped off the Comcast on-line guide as of yesterday. So the PFT rumors about it being pushed back 7-10 days are probably true.

Not surprising that they would hold off until say the night before round 1 of the draft and then make it part of the new format of draft WEEK as opposed to draft weekend. The league likes to hype everything so why not hype the schedule release the same day week of the draft.

I find that i am in no particular hurry to be screwed with no grease, nor am i surprised that the NFL wishes to turn our non-greased screwing into an event.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I find that i am in no particular hurry to be screwed with no grease, nor am i surprised that the NFL wishes to turn our non-greased screwing into an event.
    It does suck that the schedule hasn't been released for one big reason.

Southwest is getting ready to end their nationwide "As low as $59 one-way" sale. It would be nice to know when the Miami, Buffalo, Denver, Cleveland, Chicago Detroit games are so we can plan road trips accordingly while he lower air fare is still available.

Blog Entries

Had a weird dream last night that Steelers lost opening game with Tennessee for some reason. Really weird dream, if they open up together...I betting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

Southwest is getting ready to end their nationwide "As low as $59 one-way" sale. It would be nice to know when the Miami, Buffalo, Denver, Cleveland, Chicago Detroit games are so we can plan road trips accordingly while he lower air fare is still available.
    Agreed...but the airlines (and hotels) have gotten pretty good at jacking up the prices once schedules and event dates get published...so those low fares may magically disappear to selected cities once the schedule gets released.

It won't be tomorrow:

NFL Schedule Release Date Still TBD

The article says: "The announcement of this year's schedule technically hasn't been postponed because it never officially was set in the first place. This much we know: The Baltimore Ravens will open the season on the road in the NFL's kickoff game."

Damn, I was hoping the delay was due to some 11th-hour dealing going on to get the Ravens at home for their opener. I guess it's possible that's still the case...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

I am with you 100%. This should be one of the cheapest road trip seasons. Miami, Buffalo, Denver, Chicago, and Detroit are all on our list of potentials. Hopefully, there will be another $59 sale soon.

I greatly prefer small city airports, and I like to co-mingle Fall vacations with Ravens road trips. I was looking at one of the three new routes opening under the SWA banner which had been Air Tran's: Grand Rapids, Michigan, for $70 -- is introductory price, not part of the $59 nationwide sale. What's appealing is the 2+ hour rural/suburban drive proximity to both Chicago and Detroit while avoiding the urban ills, but it should be a great jumping off point to include a vacation around Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, or both. Lansing is another choice.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

T,

Never got around to grinding the #s, but the Ravens 2004 schedule might have been the shortest possible travel schedule possible for any team, any year:

AFCN - give or take NFCN, the shortest in-division trips.
    NFCN (DAL and NYG @ home) - PHI and WAS: 300 mi, give or take, combined, round-trip.
    AFCE (BUF and MIA @ home) - trips to Meadowlands and NE avoid the longer schleps.
    AFCW - KC @ home.
    AFCC - @ IND (closest AFCC team?)

Off the top of my head, it came out to about 3.,400 mi total (one-way, IIRC).

Might make a moderately interesting problem for any OR types or developers out there.

BS