Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A mock draft has us taking DeAndre Hopkins, What do you guys think?

This is the first draft I have seen with the Ravens going Wide Out. I haven't been following too much of the drafts, but I like this pick with us losing Boldin. Hop is pretty nasty, have you guys seen the video of him catching all those passes with one hand. The guy is a good wide out. I like it.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/d...ock-draft-1-0/

Re: A mock draft has us taking DeAndre Hopkins, What do you guys think?

With the last pick in the first round, i just want a guy that can come in and perform. I think we will get that, whether it is Hopkins, Te'o or someone else. I want another ring, who is with me.

Blog Entries

I'm just watching the Clemson vs LSU game from last season, and Hopkins runs great routes, turns on a dime and just gets open. He's got really good hands too, looks so effortless catching the ball.

Blog Entries

So, the WR board seems to go like this:

1. Coradarrelle Patterson
    2. Tavon Austin
    3. Keenan Allen, Justin Harper, DeAndre Hopkins
    6. Terrance Williams, Robert Woods
    9. Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey

We won't have a shot at 1 or 2, and any of the 3-way tie behind them seems to be pretty good options as well.

Check this link: http://www.profootballhotreads.com/f...andre-hopkins/

His play screams a young Anquan Boldin.
    That right there, seems pretty great. The only thing that seems to be rough on him is "contested catches". Not even so much going over the middle, but making catches in tight coverage. Hopefully, he can be coached up in that respect and able to replicate some of Boldin's clutch catch style.
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 04-14-2013 at 07:14 AM.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I'm just watching the Clemson vs LSU game from last season, and Hopkins runs great routes, turns on a dime and just gets open. He's got really good hands too, looks so effortless catching the ball.
    Yup, that's him. I would be happy with Allen too. He reminds me of Boldin as well. Just a little faster on the field, but a lot of this film shows him catching passes between defenders and jumping for contested catches. Allen or Hopkins would be my targets.

Blog Entries

We currently don't have a WR like Hopkins, unless you are a believer in Doss. I think he'd fit right in and be a good addition. I'd have no complaints with taking him at #32.

Ngata_Chance Guest

I see WR as the only position we need multiple players at. LT we need but we wont be able to get one this year that is an immediate contributor. We NEED to get Joe some targets though. Smith is great but he cant do it by himself. We have Pitta but outside of them we have no guys who can take pressure off of Joe. Doss has had inconsistent hands which is worrisome because that was supposed to be his biggest asset. Reed has shown me nothing really. I think we need to dedicate some early picks to WR. I have advocated for Hopkins and Da'Rick Rogers for a while now.

I'd be pretty happy with him. Prefer him over similarly ranked players like Allen and Patton.

I think Green Bay takes him if he's still there.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Ngata_Chance Guest

I would laugh very hard at GB if they take a WR in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Chance View Post
    I would laugh very hard at GB if they take a WR in the first.
    Oh? You watch them last year without Jennings? I highly doubt James Jones is going to be able to improve upon, let alone repeat his performance last year.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

On Friday, I heard Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on their show on NFL Radio. They were doing a mock draft and had us selecting WR Justin Hunter out of Tennessee at #32. Ryan said "The Ravens throw everyone a curve and take Justin Hunter." He is 6'4" and can fly, but a little raw. How would you guys feel about Hunter?