Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Same old Orioles of 15 losing years

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The starting pitching is going to kill the bullpen.

Nobody can go 7 innings and the youngsters can't even get through 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Overall, the team is doing well, but this has been the single biggest issue. I think last night was only the second starter all year to get past 7 innings. Both instances have been in the last 10 days, so maybe they're starting to get into a better rhythm. Let's hope so, bcause you're right; the bullpen can't have to pitch 3-4 innings every night and be effective over the long haul.

Same old losing Orioles don't go 7-4 on a west coast trip. The Angels and A's beat the Orioles ass for years and years but the Orioles went out there and handled what they had to.

I agree the SP is a concern. Thats my biggest worry!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Um, the Angels have a losing record and they feasted on losing teams like the
    Rays and Jays before that but I'll give you the As. They're a whopping 2 games
    over .500 while Seattle is clipping along at a .444 rate and Jones was still mis-judging
    flies in the outfield and we had some pitchers throwing 27 pitches before the 3rd
    inning.

Let's see what they do vs the Yankees again and Boston, which reminds me, this thread
    was started when we were losing to Yanks as usual and losing on miscues by
    Jones and Davis who btw was injured while losing to As 4-0.

www.orioleshangout.com
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-08-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Air,
    The O's have the 4th best record, and the 5th best run differential in baseball. They also have 3 solid starting pitchers Hammel, Chen, and Tillman, Gonzalez is good until he hits his WTF moment, and Johnson is one of the best closers in baseball. Chen last night was at 80 pitches after 6 1/3 before the rain delay ended his night. I don't think we'll get any complete games, but if the starters can go 6-7 per game the Orioles will be fine. Jones has been and was worthy of a gold glove in the past so I think he'll fix the miscues in the outfield.

It's fine to complain about mistakes made by the O's but c'mon this team is playing with tenacity and digging out some tough wins. You can say that the A's, Seattle, and Angles are easy wins, but any time an east coast team goes 7-4 on a west coast road trip is impressive.

This is a good team, they have their warts, but they're fun to watch and play some pretty good baseball. I know it's hard to shake the doom and gloom of 15 years of bad teams, but you should enjoy this team while you can, we don't know when Angelos will insert his shit stained hand and fuck this all up.

I believe (based on the thread's title) that Trap slept through last year's exciting, attitude changing season. This team is nothing like the O's of those 15 losing seasons.

We will revisit this thread after 162 games and see just how stupid the thread really was. This team is good and does have it's holes but what team does not? Do the orioles lose 3-4 games in a row yes but what team does not. So to say were not a good team is dumb because last I checked were in front of the Yankees who from what I can tell you actually think are better.

The orioles lose to bad teams but what team does not? When we win the east i will look forward to hearing your response.

Knowing Trap he'll say he knew they had it in them all along and we just didn't "get" his "sarcasm."

See this way, if they falter he's right and if they succeed, he can say we just don't understand what he meant.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Let's revisit this thread today...Down 6-0 in the 6th, the end result is a 9-6 win in 10 innings.

This team never fucking quits! Never!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

No no no.. A good team doesn't go down by 6 in the first place. That wasn't a comeback, it was an indictment of how bad we are. Or something. I don't know but surely the O's suck right?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Um, the Angels have a losing record and they feasted on losing teams like the
    Rays and Jays before that but I'll give you the As. They're a whopping 2 games
    over .500 while Seattle is clipping along at a .444 rate and Jones was still mis-judging
    flies in the outfield and we had some pitchers throwing 27 pitches before the 3rd
    inning.

Let's see what they do vs the Yankees again and Boston, which reminds me, this thread
    was started when we were losing to Yanks as usual and losing on miscues by
    Jones and Davis who btw was injured while losing to As 4-0.

www.orioleshangout.com
    You do realize that has been Davis' only error all season, right?
    As for playing on the west coast...You said this is the same old Orioles, right? Well the same old Orioles don't go 7-4 on that trip no matter how good or bad them teams are playing.
    What was the Royals record coming to Baltimore? The birds took 2 of 3 from them.
    The Orioles have the second most series wins in the AL and have yet to be swept this season. Same old Orioles, huh?
    I think not!
    Jones has struggled in the field for sure. But what about Machado how good has this kid been?
    I'm all for you not being a fan but don't criticize this team when you clearly are doing it for an arguments sake.

Scally I'm with you! This team never quits! Buck has put a confidence in this team that's second to none. This team is closely built, they all stand by each other and there's no reports of anyone being a cancer in that clubhouse.

Another series win by the Orioles!
    Chen going down scares me though.

Game 1: Indians 1 Yankees 0

Os 1/2 game back.