View Poll Results: If these are my only choices at 32, I would draft...

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

4 5.13%
  • Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

8 10.26%
  • Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

14 17.95%
  • Jason Elam, S, Florida

19 24.36%
  • Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson,

21 26.92%
  • Kevin Minter, ILG, LSU

10 12.82%
  • Jessie Williams, DT, Alabama

2 2.56%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: If these were your best seven options at pick 32, you would take...

I say Eifert first, just a notch above Elam. I think they are equal players, but from a strategy standpoint, I think Eifert is the rarer talent in this draft. I'm totally okay with Minter there, although I'd put him at #3. Hopkins would be okay I guess.

I'm not in love with Cyprian at 32. I think Jesse Williams at 32 would be a bad value for that pick and Armstead would be a huge risk/reach.

I think Elam/Minter/Eifert/Cyprian/Hopkins are 5 of the 8 likeliest players to be drafted with our first pick.

I voted Hopkins. Eifert would be my second choice. Elam third

Cyprien for me. I'd look at Jesse Williams though as it's not like we've improved much at NT/DT.

Blog Entries

I'll take Cyprien. I think that Elam is going to be a great pro, but I think that Cyprien's game better suits what the Ravens may now be looking for from their SS.

I agree with RaveninWoodlawn, that it is very close between Elam and Cyprien, but I like Cyprien's style more.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This is true, but then I think you can all but write off getting a LT this draft. Discounting the top 3 who likely won't make it anywhere within striking distance, our only other option that fits the bill is Marquardt. Faulk and Quessenberry are actually 34.25 and 34.38, respectively. That would also cut off Menelik Watson. Rogers Gaines is an interesting name with 36.25, but he's likely a 6th or 7th round guy, VERY developmental.

Joeckel actually is also 34.25 too. And you said Armstead is "just shy" of 34, but he's listed on NFL.com and CBS as EXACTLY 34.
    You know who has some long ass arms... KO.

I voted Eifert but am a believer that the Ravens are going to trade up in either the first or second round depending on who is falling.

Blog Entries

Eifert
    but if those are the choices at 32, I trade down with Oak (3), Philly (4), or Det (5) and know I'll have a choice between at least 2 left. The team looking to move up will probably be targeting Eifert anyway....
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    but if those are the choices at 32, I trade down with Oak (3), Philly (4), or Det (5) and know I'll have a choice between at least 2 left. The team looking to move up will probably be targeting Eifert anyway....
    I agree...if all those guys are there, I try to trade down. Those are a lot of good players I like right there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Cyprien for me. I'd look at Jesse Williams though as it's not like we've improved much at NT/DT.
    Jesse Williams is a guy I think we could move up in the 2nd round and get. He sure would give us the strength that we've been missing at that position.

Blog Entries

Eifert stock has really risen, he is a consensus top 20 pick right now, you can forget about him at this point.

Eifert would be an absolute steal at 32. He wouldn't make it past Atlanta (and he won't make it that far.) Big body who catches everything thrown to him. He would be a great replacement for Q's physicality and we wouldn't have to spend the money to keep Dickson next year.

Blog Entries

Matt Elam is more of an enforcer SS with uncommon range for the position, who likes to impose his will with his athleticism and hitting power. More to the mold of Troy Polamalu. In other words, he'll be a challenge to account for within ten yards of the ball. He also won't be a complete liability twenty yards deep, but will probably be had by some of the better QBs in the league. He, like Troy, also likes to throw his body around sometimes. Strangely enough, like Troy, it doesn't lead to many missed tackles though.

Jonathan Cyprien is more of the coverage SS who is a sound and instinctive run defender. His reliable technique will make him an asset within ten yards of the LOS. However, he is more likely to make most of his 'splash' plays deeper in coverage. More in the mold of Ed Reed when he was drafted as a SS (Spending some years there before moving to FS). However, he does not take nearly as many chances as Reed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore