View Poll Results: If these are my only choices at 32, I would draft...

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

4 5.13%
  • Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

8 10.26%
  • Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

14 17.95%
  • Jason Elam, S, Florida

19 24.36%
  • Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson,

21 26.92%
  • Kevin Minter, ILG, LSU

10 12.82%
  • Jessie Williams, DT, Alabama

2 2.56%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If these were your best seven options at pick 32, you would take...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fine and dandy, but taking a small school guy who was a workout warrior in round 1 is a big risk and I'm not sure the Ravens would go for that.

Also, I think a lot of folks think that because Armstead is athletic, he can play LT. I'm not so sure.
    I'm not saying we take him 32, but I think after about pick 36 or 37, he's in "the danger zone" of being picked. So saying "maybe we take him with our 2nd round pick" is lowballing his value. A team is going to take him in the 2nd round, bank on it.

His arm length is one of the big plusses for him as a LT. Filmstudy had some discussions about LT success factors and why Oher struggles at LT and he thinks it has to do with his arm length.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...rmlength031209

Notice, Oher's arm length is 33.5, which puts him in the "Average" category. Armstead has 34" arms...not great, but definitely gives him more leverage to control a pass rusher. This is why I think I understand people saying this is actually a pretty cruddy Tackle draft...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/OT (There's a button on there to click to show arm lengths)

There's only a handful of 35+ guys. Lane Johnson and DJ Fluker are the only ones mentioned really as draftable. Joeckel and Fisher come in with 34 and change arms. Faulk, Quessenberry, and Marquardt are the other names mentioned with 34 and change arms. Then there's Menelik Watson and Terron Armstead with 34 inch. This is one big reason I'm not crazy about being linked to Pugh, who has 32 inch arms.

Terron seems to have great conditioning and great physical measurements. The only thing I'm not sure about is football mindset at LT, but he's been consistently mentioned as potential LT in the NFL.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Matt Elam. All day. Every day.

Big hitter, can play SS or FS, good tackler, good deep-coverage ability, good ball skills.
    :word

If Justin Hunter fell this far...I would vote for him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

I'm not saying we take him 32, but I think after about pick 36 or 37, he's in "the danger zone" of being picked. So saying "maybe we take him with our 2nd round pick" is lowballing his value. A team is going to take him in the 2nd round, bank on it.

His arm length is one of the big plusses for him as a LT. Filmstudy had some discussions about LT success factors and why Oher struggles at LT and he thinks it has to do with his arm length.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...rmlength031209

Notice, Oher's arm length is 33.5, which puts him in the "Average" category. Armstead has 34" arms...not great, but definitely gives him more leverage to control a pass rusher. This is why I think I understand people saying this is actually a pretty cruddy Tackle draft...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2013/OT (There's a button on there to click to show arm lengths)

There's only a handful of 35+ guys. Lane Johnson and DJ Fluker are the only ones mentioned really as draftable. Joeckel and Fisher come in with 34 and change arms. Faulk, Quessenberry, and Marquardt are the other names mentioned with 34 and change arms. Then there's Menelik Watson and Terron Armstead with 34 inch. This is one big reason I'm not crazy about being linked to Pugh, who has 32 inch arms.

Terron seems to have great conditioning and great physical measurements. The only thing I'm not sure about is football mindset at LT, but he's been consistently mentioned as potential LT in the NFL.
    Yea, and Filmstudy also said that the minimum arm length for LT was 34.5"...Armstead is just shy of 34".

I still like Chris Faulk in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Another vote for Elam in a squeaker over Cyprien.

Those 2 are VERY close IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    :word

If Justin Hunter fell this far...I would vote for him.
    Another guy that has grown on me...his skillset reminds me of AJ Green. Obviously, I'm not expecting that, but he has the same body frame, same size, same speed. And you have to take into account that he played last year just coming off the torn ACL...if he went back to UT, he likely would have been a top 15 pick.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Another vote for Elam in a squeaker over Cyprien.

Those 2 are VERY close IMHO.

Another guy that has grown on me...his skillset reminds me of AJ Green. Obviously, I'm not expecting that, but he has the same body frame, same size, same speed. And you have to take into account that he played last year just coming off the torn ACL...if he went back to UT, he likely would have been a top 15 pick.
    Nothing against Cyprien, but I'll go with the SEC safety.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

For me it's a toss up. I probably would take Hopkins with Cyprien a close second. Although if Allen is on the board I'm taking him instead.

Voted Hopkins. Allen should have been on the vote too. Might be there for us. Don't want Elam for some reason. Like Cyprien though.

Blog Entries

Yea, and Filmstudy also said that the minimum arm length for LT was 34.5"...Armstead is just shy of 34".

I still like Chris Faulk in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

This is true, but then I think you can all but write off getting a LT this draft. Discounting the top 3 who likely won't make it anywhere within striking distance, our only other option that fits the bill is Marquardt. Faulk and Quessenberry are actually 34.25 and 34.38, respectively. That would also cut off Menelik Watson. Rogers Gaines is an interesting name with 36.25, but he's likely a 6th or 7th round guy, VERY developmental.

Joeckel actually is also 34.25 too. And you said Armstead is "just shy" of 34, but he's listed on NFL.com and CBS as EXACTLY 34.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Jason Elam is a retired place kicker.
    That is funny!!!! He was a good one, also. I think Eiffert at 32 is a steal and can play fast, with great hands and blocks decently. He is a NO risk pick, maybe the only one on the list. You could move both Pitta and him into the slot. He wont be thier at 32, no way. Plus, Ravens have 2 TE's that are FA next year. Special talent. He would be a redzone nightmare with Pitta. He is All PRO TE written all over him. Eiffert is the only consensus top 25 talent on the list, all the others outside of maybe Elam have lots of risk. Several mocks have him going in the top 20.

Voted Hopkins, struggled to choose between him and Eiffert. Our FA pickups really lead to LT, then BPA, but LT isn't value there and although Eiffert is probably a bit higher overall value then Hopkins, I really thik that Hopkins plays a more valuable position and could find a useful role as early as next year.

Blog Entries

What intrigues me about Eifert is that he is 6'6" with good hands and a 36 vertical leap, and had basketball scholarships offers and his father was a basketball player at Purdue, great athelete, better than anyone on that list. Redzone nightmare and great for jumpballs.

We will get a TE in this draft, and there's value throughout.
    Still, for this poll, Tyler Eifert would be my choice. Compared to the others in the poll, the enormous, tactical advantage we'd have with him on the field can't be ignored.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver