Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question How much worse are Ravens in 2013?

It seems Ozzie has frugally plugged the holes of many of the departures, and the draft is still yet to come.

How much of a regression should we expect in your opinion? And when will be back at "full strength"?

I believe the 2013 Ravens are / will be better than the 2013 Ravens across the board on defense -- and at most positions on offense. Just have to shore up the offensive line and either get a receiver or hope one of our younger guys turns into a quality starter. Overall I believe the team is better.

Re: How much worse are Ravens in 2013?

Worse? The defense will be better because it could not be much worse. Now they will be younger and hopefully healthier.

The offense with Caldwell will be better.

The Ravens will be better in 2013 whether they repeat or not - barring injuries...

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how you can say we regressed on paper, we have upgraded the defense on paper massively. The offense as it stand may have regressed with Boldin and McKinnie gone. If its the offense from the play offs, we will still probably be really good anyway with Caldwell at OC, and of course there is always the 50 50 chance of McKinnie returning.

The defense is already considerably younger & more talented (probably a top 5 defense in terms of talent in the NFL). Offensively, if we can secure a LT at some point, there's no drop-off... In fact, I'm pumped to see what Flacco can do with Caldwell for an entire season.

And like the OP said, the off-season is far from over. We're already very good, and only going to get better

Defensively I agree we're better on paper. It may take a little time for them to jell together as a unit with several new starters. The jury is still out on the offense. Who will replace McKinney and Boldin seems to be the only real questions. Replacing Boldin in the playoffs would be tough, replacing Boldin during the regular season not so much. The fly is my purple ointment is if Oher starts at LT. I'm still hoping they find another solution but that probably won't happen until after the draft. Seeing the offense during the playoff run it's hard not to feel good about Caldwell having more time to work with the offense. The declining players are gone, there's a core of veterans at or near their peak and there's several younger players who should improve.

The 2013 team will be a better team than the 2012 team. Whether they win it all again or not is a different story.l

2013 D ought to be better than 2012 D, but we'll see how much increased athleticism beats knowledge of the field.

On O, depends on what happens at LT and 2nd WR. Who lines up opposite Torrey is my main concern.

More talent, obviously less leadership.

Blog Entries
    You cant really say if leadership has gotten worse or not. Sure, losing Ray and Ed will hurt, but this team has some pretty good vets with experience. Suggs, Ngata, Webb, Art, Yanda, Flacco, Rice, Leach, Torrey...

These guys know how to do the right things on and off the field.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    2013 D ought to be better than 2012 D, but we'll see how much increased athleticism beats knowledge of the field.
    Would people agreeon D that this equates to less yards up and down, but possibly not as good a red zone D as a percentage?
    Hopefully less yards would mean less trips to the red in any case

Hopefully touch wood we get less injuries this term so putting out a better team won't be that tough.
    I feel very good about D line and it will be interesting seeing a more conventional d-back corps w/o Ed Reed on the gamble.

With the job Ozzie has done on the defense, the hole I see is who replaces Boldin as the possession WR. Joe needs one more option that is not a TE, I am hopeful that the defense will be better. I think it depends on chemistry.