Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I still want this to happen, I want another Middle Linebacker

I am sorry, if Manti Te'o falls to us at 32 I want us to take him. Running a 3-4 we could have a nasty defense. Then draft a safety in round 2 because the depth at safety is so strong. Could you imagine Swearinger and Te'o?

I love this mock draft, they have us taking Te'o, would you be happy with this draft?

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/n...rek-hawkridge/

Re: I still want this to happen, I want another Middle Linebacker

I like the Swearinger pick in round 2, but I'd pass on Te'o. LT and WR are a bigger need since we just signed McClain at MLB. I'd like to see a WR (Hopkins) or a LT (Menelik Watson) in round 1.

Blog Entries

I can imagine it, in fact I'll just remember last year and watch players get open over the middle on intermediate routes because none of our LBs can keep up with the TEs.

Blog Entries

I think if Te'o is there at 32, he'd be the big value pick. The distraction angle doesn't bother me as much now.

If h's not there, AJ Klein in the middle rounds.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think if Te'o is there at 32, he'd be the big value pick. The distraction angle doesn't bother me as much now.

If h's not there, AJ Klein in the middle rounds.
    From everything I've read (I don't make any claims to have watched 'film', I have watched some Notre Dame games over the past NCAA season though and wasn't really impressed) I don't see how he'd be a value pick. Seems to me that his skillset is more of a second round talent type.

There are better LB values in rounds 2, 3, 4 than Teo in round 1. I'd explore packaging our "extra" picks in 4, 5, 6 (maybe even our 3rd) and see if we could move up far enough to take a solid LT prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by mav247 View Post
    I like the Swearinger pick in round 2, but I'd pass on Te'o. LT and WR are a bigger need since we just signed McClain at MLB. I'd like to see a WR (Hopkins) or a LT (Menelik Watson) in round 1.
    Not that this means anything, but Pat Kirwan was raving about Swearinger this past week. He says he might be the 3rd safety off the board which means we might have to get him with #32 if we want him.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Not that this means anything, but Pat Kirwan was raving about Swearinger this past week. He says he might be the 3rd safety off the board which means we might have to get him with #32 if we want him.
    He's either 3 or 4...Vaccaro is clearly #1, then you've got Cyprien as the majority #2, then Elam and Swearinger. I've seen Swearinger going in the later part of Round 2 in most mocks.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

He's either 3 or 4...Vaccaro is clearly #1, then you've got Cyprien as the majority #2, then Elam and Swearinger. I've seen Swearinger going in the later part of Round 2 in most mocks.
    In mocks yes.
    Usually Kirwan has a good feel for the teams and if he says Swearinger is flying up boards then i'll believe him.
    I actually wouldn't have a problem taking him at 32.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Josh Norris would disagree with you. He's got Matt Elam 7th.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-safety-class

Only pick an ILB at 32 if Arthur Brown or Alex Ogletree is sitting there. Otherwise, trade down to 35-40, take Hopkins/Allen then trade back up for top available safety then take your Kilo Alonso/Jon Boston/Kareem Greene early in the third via trade up. The also take Keith Pugh the Howard guy they seem to be high on.

If that's the order they stat to go in, I actually like Reid at SS now that Pollard is gone. IF we could get him near the back of the third that's good value.