Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I hear ya... Please don't confuse my statement as some liberal angle to coddle and make excuses for addicts. I'm not. The choice to get started is not a disease. It's a choice and 100% on the person who does it...

But it is scientifically proven that one hit of Meth can be so addicting that the person can't stop. That is physiological. At that point, it has to be treated like a disease if there is any chance of fixing it. I'm not politicizing this... I don't know how to pay for the treatment, etc... these people got themselves into it by doing something stupid.

Luckily my friend was able to use his retirement savings to pay for his treatment... or he'd be dead. Having someone close to you going through this can change your perspective quit a bit.

I'll stop here as not to derail this thread.

I hope the best for the kid. I hope the Ravens stay away from him, unless he drops to like the 3rd or 4th round.
    It is a disease and the trait can be past down from generation to generation. It's a fact if someone parents used their kids are at a greater risk to use. Health insurance wouldn't pay for treatment if it wasn't a disease. I worked in the field and it has no picks whether your black,white, rich or poor

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

And it's a difference between a addicted and someone that uses. Honey badger is an addict if you go by the dsm 4 TR

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Re: OT Now we know why "Honey Badger don't care"...

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Yikes. Wrong answer when interviewing, guy.: alien: Discuss:
    ???

I'd rather have a player who smokes a ton of pot than a player that drinks heavily every day.

Just sayin'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    I'd rather have a player who smokes a ton of pot than a player that drinks heavily every day.

Just sayin'.
    Yup it didn't seem to negatively affect his performance on the field. And he didn't fall down stairs or get a DUI

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post

Just sayin'.
    I'd rather have neither, considering the level of athleticism required of today's athlete.

Not sure how its beneficial to swap out a drunk with someone who'd be inclined to eat pizza and chips 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd rather have neither, considering the level of athleticism required of today's athlete.

Not sure how its beneficial to swap out a drunk with someone who'd be inclined to eat pizza and chips 24/7.
    If they can still compete at a high level (and he sure did) then more power to them.

"If he flunked 10 tests before they suspended him, it shows that he got no kind of help," the coach told USA Today on the condition of anonymity.
    Or perhaps they helped him figure out where to score his next bag of weed.

Blog Entries

Worked OK for Phelps.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    "Student athletes" exploit colleges too. They get scholarships that they didn't earn in the classroom, and have a chance to attain their ultimate goal...Pro Sports star and multi-millionaire.... Bc
    They don't really exploit them because typically these are the guys who are giving back to the colleges after they made their millions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Yikes. Wrong answer when interviewing, guy.: alien: Discuss:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...09--ncaaf.html
    Who is this anonymous (spineless) NFL coach that is putting all of this out there? Maybe his team wants the kid to fall so they can draft him, you never know the motive. What was said in the interview should be private unless there was an understanding otherwise, and then don't hide behind "unnamed coach"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Who is this anonymous (spineless) NFL coach that is putting all of this out there? Maybe his team wants the kid to fall so they can draft him, you never know the motive. What was said in the interview should be private unless there was an understanding otherwise, and then don't hide behind "unnamed coach"
    This.

If I was the NFL, I would be more concerned about a blabbermouth coach violating medical confidentiality than I would be about some prospective draft pick admitting he has a problem. Who is the grown up in this situation?