Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

OT Now we know why "Honey Badger don't care"...

Yikes. Wrong answer when interviewing, guy.: alien: Discuss:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...09--ncaaf.html

Re: OT Now we know why "Honey Badger don't care"...

Not thinking that that is a wrong answer. He's being honest which is what the NFL wants more than anything. I mean who here thinks Mathieu just smoked weed once or twice and got busted each time he did it? Right-we all know he smoked a lot. He's just confirming it.

It's LSU which is looking pretty smelly here.

Blog Entries

Well, I don't think it's the wrong answer to be truthful about what happened. He was a full on addict. He could have taken 1000 tests and would have failed them all. Part of the rehab process is admitting to the past, not running from it. If I were him, I'd answer every question with truth and respect. I would do what ever any team wanted as far as assigning him a chaperone, curfew, etc. And I he think he already said that he would do whatever any team asked of him.

he better hope that Seattle or Denver picks him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Yikes. Wrong answer when interviewing, guy.: alien: Discuss:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...09--ncaaf.html

And if there were no consequences from the team, how many guys would be flunking 10 drug tests.

The same thing happens quite a bit as schools, read powerful coaches, are able to determine drug related consequences. If grades are monitored strictly by the NCAA why not drug tests. Just another major way in which athletes are exploited by colleges

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Not thinking that that is a wrong answer. He's being honest which is what the NFL wants more than anything. I mean who here thinks Mathieu just smoked weed once or twice and got busted each time he did it? Right-we all know he smoked a lot. He's just confirming it.

It's LSU which is looking pretty smelly here.
    Right, and generally, you don't end up in rehab for weed. I have a friend (Masters Degree, Lifetime Military Healthcare Professional)... all of it. Just got out of rehab. I knew he probably had an alcohol problem 15 years ago. I asked him what he was doing. He said "EVERYTHING". "First it was weed, then some meth... one hit of meth and it was over. Then Heroin... etc." Once you are addicted it is a fucking nightmare disease.

I hope this kid can make it and stay clean. Once you are clean, it's not easy to stay clean... look at Ryan Leaf.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    And if there were no consequences from the team, how many guys would be flunking 10 drug tests.

The same thing happens quite a bit as schools, read powerful coaches, are able to determine drug related consequences. If grades are monitored strictly by the NCAA why not drug tests. Just another major way in which athletes are exploited by colleges
    "Student athletes" exploit colleges too. They get scholarships that they didn't earn in the classroom, and have a chance to attain their ultimate goal...Pro Sports star and multi-millionaire.... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    disease.
    Nothing irritates me more than hearing this referred to as a disease.

Blog Entries

sign him Oz, he's cheap!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Nothing irritates me more than hearing this referred to as a disease.
    I hear ya... Please don't confuse my statement as some liberal angle to coddle and make excuses for addicts. I'm not. The choice to get started is not a disease. It's a choice and 100% on the person who does it...

But it is scientifically proven that one hit of Meth can be so addicting that the person can't stop. That is physiological. At that point, it has to be treated like a disease if there is any chance of fixing it. I'm not politicizing this... I don't know how to pay for the treatment, etc... these people got themselves into it by doing something stupid.

Luckily my friend was able to use his retirement savings to pay for his treatment... or he'd be dead. Having someone close to you going through this can change your perspective quit a bit.

I'll stop here as not to derail this thread.

I hope the best for the kid. I hope the Ravens stay away from him, unless he drops to like the 3rd or 4th round.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 04-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.

This year's Vontaze Burfict? Cinci need another DB?