Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pass Coverage ILBs

Steve Beauharnais out of Rutgers seems like a cat we'd pursue, and would pursue hard.
    Ran a 4.8 at Indy, but his shuttle and 3-cone times at 240 lbs are better than many WR and RBs. Good feet and core explosion for changing direction and throwing his hips open.

IMO for what we lack; Beauharnais > Khaseem Greene
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Steve Beauharnais out of Rutgers seems like a cat we'd pursue, and would pursue hard.
    Ran a 4.8 at Indy, but his shuttle and 3-cone times at 240 lbs are better than many WR and RBs. Good feet and core explosion for changing direction and throwing his hips open.

IMO for what we lack; Beauharnais > Khaseem Greene
    Go take a look at my mock draft over in the "post your mock" thread... I have the Ravens taking Beauharnais in the 6th, and he could be a phenomenal value there. I think he's a great player whose athleticism and change of direction show up really well on tape. He's excellent going north and south as a blitzer and has the athleticism and fluidity to get better east and west.

I mocked the Ravens to take Hodges in the 4th and Beauharnais in the 6th, and I think they complement each other well. I wouldn't bet on either one much less both starting in 2013 but they are both really good long-term prospects. The Ravens are particularly interested in Beauharnais and have met with him several times.

Blog Entries

I'm surprised the Ravens haven't showed much open interest in Hodges. I know that it doesn't always mean much, but a lot of the mid round to late round prospects the Ravens usually have in for private work outs etc and end up drafting them. Before last years draft the Ravens showed huge public interest in Pierce and Gradkowski and ended up drafting them both.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Go take a look at my mock draft over in the "post your mock" thread... I have the Ravens taking Beauharnais in the 6th, and he could be a phenomenal value there. I think he's a great player whose athleticism and change of direction show up really well on tape. He's excellent going north and south as a blitzer and has the athleticism and fluidity to get better east and west.
    I mocked the Ravens to take Hodges in the 4th and Beauharnais in the 6th, and I think they complement each other well. I wouldn't
    bet on either one much less both starting in 2013 but they are both really good long-term prospects. The Ravens are particularly interested in Beauharnais and have met with him several times.
    Here's 30 mins of film-nerdy goodness of Beauharnais. Not highlights, but game film including all-22 and coaches.
    The 30 minutes is segmented run support, pass coverage and pass rushing...about 10 mins each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVClFZzL5Ck
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver