Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: T-Minus 14 Days...Draft Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You just never know, but its very very unlikely that Ozzie will trade up in this draft. There are no elite, stand out "can't miss" type prospects in this class to trade up for IMO. I think its likely that Ozzie will trade down and acquire an extra 4th round pick.

Besides, in this particular draft, there is so much more value to be had from rounds 2 to 4.

For arguments sake:

38. DeAndre Hopkins (Would compete for the X WR spot)
    62. DJ Swearinger (Would compete for the SS spot)
    94. Travis Kelce (Would compete with Dickson for the TE spot, allowing Pitta to play in the slot)
    103. David Quessenberry (Would compete with Gino for the starting C job, would also provide depth at guard and tackle)
    129. AJ Klein (Would push for playing time at ILB, while providing much needed depth, eventual starter for sure)
    130. Joe Kruger (Would provide depth at OLB and DE, could come in for certain packages)
    Like this looks of that
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Like this looks of that
    It looks nice on paper but this is all speculation. Lets see how the Ravens see it on draft day!

I think we obviously trade down, and I think they have their eyes on Manelik Watson or Terron Armstead with that first pick.

Then with the second and 3rd picks, I think they'll move around to try and get the highest rated safety and wideout on the board.

The rest will be BPA and I'd expect an ILB, a TE and another pass rusher in that mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I almost want to go out on a limb and say that Ozzie will go against his normal style of staying put or trading back and will acctually trade up to get Lane Johnson if he falls past the chargers.

LT is a big need and they need to have a longterm answer for it. Considering how expensive they can be on the open market, it is cheaper on the salary cap to surrender some picks and draft one with the rookie salary cap.

Probably wont happen, but I think if one of the LT's drop, it will happen. Granted, I do not know a lot about he prospects and there might be one in later rounds they can get.

I predict that we may trade either up or down, I don' t think we stay at 32. If up, it's to jump up in front of one of these WR or LB needy teams if someone falls around the mid-20's, but if back, it's because a couple players at safety, LB, and WRs are still available and Ozzie wants the best value. That move would be with a QB needy team in the early 2nd rd that is getting nervous about missing out on a player.

I think we can't lose in these early rounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I almost want to go out on a limb and say that Ozzie will go against his normal style of staying put or trading back and will actually trade up to get Lane Johnson if he falls past the chargers...
    This is how I feel too, only if L.J. is within striking distance (like Oher was in 2009). Ozzie won't over-pay. There is no reason for Ozzie to trade up for WR, ILB, or Safety, since the draft is stocked with them... Bc

Blog Entries

I almost want to go out on a limb and say that Ozzie will go against his normal style of staying put or trading back and will acctually trade up to get Lane Johnson if he falls past the chargers.
    Moving up to 12 is going to require a 1st next year...you're talking about DOUBLE the value of our 32nd. I can't see Ozzie doing that, I really just can't.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Moving up to 12 is going to require a 1st next year...you're talking about DOUBLE the value of our 32nd. I can't see Ozzie doing that, I really just can't.
    I agree to a point but the problem is that the Ravens will remain in the second half of the first round for the forseeable future, at least from what I think. A Good LT on the open market is going to suck so much cap space, that at some point they are going to have to draft one to develop.

I just pray that they are not going to stick Oher to LT....I cant handle that again.

I'm going to say, geno goes to jags, there is no way the new coach see Blaine as his starter. Boy is like Kyle boller , deer in headlights. I also think the chargers move up for lane Johnson. Moving up will cost, but if up, only for Austin. But damn that is a high cost. If he gets pass 14(car) we must get up to 15(NO) to get him. Please don't punish that young man by letting the sqeelers get him.
    Now if he is gone, I really like Arthur Brown, but I would still pick Armstead over him. Now we might have to go up a few spots, with a run on tackles, his name will be moving quickly to the top remaining. If you can get him for sure early second, then trade back, cause I know someone will come up for, yes, EJ manual. I so hope it's Arizona, fitz need a arm.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I'm going to say, geno goes to jags, there is no way the new coach see Blaine as his starter. Boy is like Kyle boller , deer in headlights. I also think the chargers move up for lane Johnson. Moving up will cost, but if up, only for Austin. But damn that is a high cost. If he gets pass 14(car) we must get up to 15(NO) to get him. Please don't punish that young man by letting the sqeelers get him.
    Now if he is gone, I really like Arthur Brown, but I would still pick Armstead over him. Now we might have to go up a few spots, with a run on tackles, his name will be moving quickly to the top remaining. If you can get him for sure early second, then trade back, cause I know someone will come up for, yes, EJ manual. I so hope it's Arizona, fitz need a arm.
    I do not see the Jags taking Geno, unless they trade back. I agree they do not belive Gabbert is the longterm answer, but they have a lot of things they still need to build before they are competitive. They will give Gabbert another year and probably draft one next year. They should still have a top 10 pick next year.

The QB class in this draft is so pathetic.

Yeah, u might be right, but the draft is so smokescreen it's hard to figure out. Two years ago no one seen, Blaine , ponder, and locker jumping up in first. Sry, Blaine was going to be first anyway, but you get my point. Everyone saying they hate this qB class, which make me think, a run going to happen in first anyway. Who knows.

On a side note, doesn't it feel sweet to have a QB in Flacco!!

I agree to a point but the problem is that the Ravens will remain in the second half of the first round for the forseeable future, at least from what I think. A good LT on the open market is going to suck so much cap space, that at some point they are going to have to draft one to develop.
    Which is why I think Armstead and Watson will be a centered on our radar. It's rare to possibly have a choice of two well-tooled, long-armed ballet dancers available at 32 or even a bit later. The only consensus negative that I've read on either guy is experience. Armstud has the better feet, but Watson seems to be the vicious mauler.

Then again, Xavier Nixon has great value in the 4th round... and of the film that I've seen, and while it wasn't easy, he handled Clowney better than anyone else that I saw last year.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver