Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: WR (Hopkins) or TE (Ertz) ---- Who helps our Offense more ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    i saw every Clemson game, except two. He was more of a possession WR, plus teams had to account for Boyd and Ellington. Goodwin is more than just a track star, has good hands and is rising on the draft boards. The Ravens 2nd rounder, is the last pick and he wont be around when they pick in the 3rd.
    I've seen every game of Hopkins' career. He destroyed a really, really good LSU defense in his last game. His deep speed is fine.

Nobody was taking defensive coverage away from Hopkins to account for Ellington, I assure you.

Goodwin is pretty much the definition of just a track star. He didn't have more than 33 catches or 421 receiving yards any season of his college career.To put it in perspective, Hopkins had more receiving yards and touchdowns this season than Goodwin has in his entire 4-year college career.

Also, how many 5'9" outside receivers do you see in the league today?

Blog Entries

i saw every Clemson game, except two. He was more of a possession WR, plus teams had to account for Boyd and Ellington. Goodwin is more than just a track star, has good hands and is rising on the draft boards. The Ravens 2nd rounder, is the last pick and he wont be around when they pick in the 3rd.
    I'm not disputing what your eyes told you...however, Hopkins would have T. Smith and Pitta that would also have to be accounted for. AND as what you call a "possession WR", he caught 82 passes for 1,405 yards (17.1 YPC) plus 18 TDs. I'm not advocating Ozzie pick him in the 1st round, but he seems pretty productive to me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Hopkins.

Although we also need a blocking TE as neither Pitta or Dickson are even average blockers.

So, Hopkins + decent blocking TE who can catch the ball and help move the chains often enough for defenses to account for that.
    How about one that can block better than most...with good speed, 6'5" or taller? Kelce and Sims, or Kasa as a project, or Sudfeld as a UDFAs.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Btw the Ravens had Travis Kelce in for a private workout. I'd love to see him in purple, IMO he'd be an instant upgrade over Dickson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Btw the Ravens had Travis Kelce in for a private workout. I'd love to see him in purple, IMO he'd be an instant upgrade over Dickson.
    While I don't think he would be an "instant upgrade" over Dickson in the receiving department, I do feel that Dickson will not be a Raven in 2014...so it's prudent to draft a young TE to play behind Pitta (who I predict will be resigned)... Bc

Blog Entries

Actually, one of the knocks on Goodwin is his hands. He's not a great hands-catcher.

I doubt Goodwin goes in the 2nd. I think he'll be around into the early 4th. He's fast, but he isn't anywhere near the top of the receivers.

You are right that Hopkins is a possession receiver more than he is a deep threat burner. We don't need a deep threat burner. We need a guy who can run a friggin route and get open, which he can.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Hopkins is a perfect fit for our void at Z. Let Torrey play to his natural strengths and allow him to play X, while Doss and Pitta can split time at Y, and you can bring Jacoby in for certain packages too.

I'm a Hopkins guy and think that we already have a better version of Ertz in Pitta.

Curious to see what kind of offense that Caldwell is looking for. Would not surprise me to see someone on the bigger side at WR like Hopkins or Keenan Allen (now that people seem to be down on him bc of injury) to be that 1st pick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hopkins is a perfect fit for our void at Z. Let Torrey play to his natural strengths and allow him to play X, while Doss and Pitta can split time at Y, and you can bring Jacoby in for certain packages too.
    I think that would be a good plan.

Maybe draft someone like Conner Vernon late in the draft.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I'm a Hopkins guy and think that we already have a better version of Ertz in Pitta.
    I think if the Ravens go for a TE (and I think they will) it will be a guy they can develop over the course of the year, so a mid-round guy with a deficiency as a receiver or as a blocker is probably what you're looking at. With receiving tight ends already on the roster, it might be a better direction to take a guy like Travis Kelce (Cincinnati), Nick Kasa (Colorado) or Michael Williams (Alabama) in one of those mid/late rounds.

Blog Entries

Is there any chance Eifert falls to us?

Hopkins has really grown on me.

I doubt he ever becomes a #1WR, but he runs good routes and looks like he knows how to set up DB's while running his routes, he has outstanding hands and has solid speed...he reminds me of a Reggie Wayne type of guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.