Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: WR (Hopkins) or TE (Ertz) ---- Who helps our Offense more ?

Many think Cordarelle Patterson or Keenan Allen may fall in the draft. Those would be interesting options.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Many think Cordarelle Patterson or Keenan Allen may fall in the draft. Those would be interesting options.
    Allen I definitely see falling.

Patterson, I'm not so sure about. He's got size, speed, and is incredibly athletic. Now, that doesn't always translate to the field, but he has so much upside I could easily see him going in the top 20.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Personally I wouldn't take Allen at 32. I think he's going to bust

I'd rather see Dickson become more of a WR and keep Pitta at TE and then draft a WR.

Blog Entries

I don't rate Zach Ertz all that much, maybe its just me, but I think he isn't worth even an early second round pick. I'd much rather take Hopkins, but would rather trade back to get him if I could.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    I'd rather see Dickson become more of a WR and keep Pitta at TE and then draft a WR.
    I see it the other way around personally, Dickson is a better blocker and is bigger. Pitta is clearly a better receiver and can catch pretty much anything, I'd like to see him in the slot and Dickson at TE. Neither player solves our issue at X though, we need a guy like Hopkins who can compete with Jacoby and would allow Torrey to be a Z receiver which is where I think he is better suited.

7. Re: WR (Hopkins) or TE (Ertz) ---- Who helps our Offense more ?

Hopkins.

Although we also need a blocking TE as neither Pitta or Dickson are even average blockers.

So, Hopkins + decent blocking TE who can catch the ball and help move the chains often enough for defenses to account for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    I like Dennis right where he is. So of the two I guess i would lean Hopkins. BUT as most notably the Pats have shown us there is much value in the 2 TE set. I don't know much at all about Ertz but if he's even close to a Pitta level talent you have to consider him. (As I have to confess I am losing confidence in Dickson with each passing year) Then grab the best rated available WR in the middle rounds.
    Pitta played the slot with Boldin when Caldwell took over, he isnt a really a TE, more a WR- with good height and decent speed and great hands, thats why Boldin was let go.

I'd take Ertz over Hopkins, Ertz has very low bust potential and we have 2 TE's as FA next year, Hopkins shows nothing special, can hardly see him better than any other the WR's in the 2nd or 3rd round. Ideally like to see speed on the outside (which Hopkins doesnt have) and size and good hands in middle like Ertz and Pitta provide. Dickson got a bad rap for drops two years ago, but didnt have any last year. If you want a speedy WR, go for Goodwin in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Hopkins.

Although we also need a blocking TE as neither Pitta or Dickson are even average blockers.

So, Hopkins + decent blocking TE who can catch the ball and help move the chains often enough for defenses to account for that.
    Toilolo late in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Pitta played the slot with Boldin when Caldwell took over, he isnt a really a TE, more a WR- with good height and decent speed and great hands, thats why Boldin was let go.

I'd take Ertz over Hopkins, Ertz has very low bust potential and we have 2 TE's as FA next year, Hopkins shows nothing special, can hardly see him better than any other the WR's in the 2nd or 3rd round. Ideally like to see speed on the outside (which Hopkins doesnt have) and size and good hands in middle like Ertz and Pitta provide. Dickson got a bad rap for drops two years ago, but didnt have any last year. If you want a speedy WR, go for Goodwin in the 2nd round.
    For someone with no speed on the outside, Hopkins sure beat a lot of guys deep this year.

And Goodwin in the second round is beyond a terrible idea. That's basically like suggesting Yamon Figurs in round 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    For someone with no speed on the outside, Hopkins sure beat a lot of guys deep this year.

And Goodwin in the second round is beyond a terrible idea. That's basically like suggesting Yamon Figurs in round 2.
    i saw every Clemson game, except two. He was more of a possession WR, plus teams had to account for Boyd and Ellington. Goodwin is more than just a track star, has good hands and is rising on the draft boards. The Ravens 2nd rounder, is the last pick and he wont be around when they pick in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    i saw every Clemson game, except two. He was more of a possession WR, plus teams had to account for Boyd and Ellington. Goodwin is more than just a track star, has good hands and is rising on the draft boards. The Ravens 2nd rounder, is the last pick and he wont be around when they pick in the 3rd.
    I doubt Goodwin goes in third, and if he does I predict he will bust