Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The RSR Annual "What's Everyone Drinking?" Thread

Now that the Ravens are on top of the football universe, it's slow here at RSR. Thus, the OT stuff is allowed to flow once again.

While we wait for the start of another football season, what better way than to pass the time by shootin' the shit about libations?

So lets hear it, folks!

You beer heads, please post whatever suds are tickling your taste buds these days.

Wine drinkers, share whatever dead grape has your heart right now.

Cocktail crowd, let us know what's cooling in that rocks glass of yours.

My current choices ....

Beer -- Tin Cup Ale from Baton Rouge. Fell in love with this in NOLA during Super Bowl weekend.

Wine -- Arista Vineyards Zinfindel. Perfect with a filet! Found it

Cocktail -- Moscow Mules. Can't get enough of them. Had a proper one in Berlin in August (copper cup and all) and fell in love with it. Perfect for those 90+ degree / 90% humidity days.

I'm in Oahu right now and while the beer selection is pretty bland, the cocktails are outstanding. I don't even pick anymore, I just keep asking my server to bring me their favorites.

Best one I had was an Absolut and tonic watermelon smoothie with fresh pineapple and ginger.

When I do go beer it's either Longboard or Rolling Rock. Nothing great or even very good, but when it's 85 and the tropical sun is beating down, nothing beats a cold beer.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Jealous ASB ....

Mrs HR and I were going to hit Hawaii before the baby was going to be born but we switched to NOLA once the Ravens made the Super Bowl.

Be safe.

Blog Entries

Re: The RSR Annual "What's Everyone Drinking?" Thread

I picked up a 6-er of Lagunita's Brown Shugga Ale.

Not bad. Not my favorite from them though. Their "Lil Sumpin Sumpin" IPA is phenomenal. I also enjoy their "Hop Stoopid" ale.

As far as a sipper...I have a bottle of Feckin Irish Whiskey. REALLY tasty stuff. It doesn't have that bite that you find in Bushmills. Jameson 18 and Red Breast are still two of my favorite, but Feckin is damn good.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Well, 10 days ago I'd have said Macallan 12 year -- but I finished my Christmas bottle in the wee hours after the .... Ravens Won the Super Bowl!!!! AGAIN!!! :happyanim (God I love saying that....). Looking forward to getting my birthday bottle in a few weeks.

In the meantime, it'll be the bottles of Argentinian Malbec our next door neighbors gave us, along with our ever-present cans of Modelo, which goes really well with where we live -- in the South, by the ocean, where more often than not, even in winter, the tropical weather prevails over the cold, dry air from the north; Modelo might as well be the official beer of this area, and the canned version is generally preferred to the bottled...

Going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman in March, looking forward to whatever the local specialties there might be; I will be sure to report back my findings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Well, 10 days ago I'd have said Macallan 12 year -- but I finished my Christmas bottle in the wee hours after the .... Ravens Won the Super Bowl!!!! AGAIN!!! :happyanim (God I love saying that....). Looking forward to getting my birthday bottle in a few weeks.

In the meantime, it'll be the bottles of Argentinian Malbec our next door neighbors gave us, along with our ever-present cans of Modelo, which goes really well with where we live -- in the South, by the ocean, where more often than not, even in winter, the tropical weather prevails over the cold, dry air from the north; Modelo might as well be the official beer of this area, and the canned version is generally preferred to the bottled...

Going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman in March, looking forward to whatever the local specialties there might be; I will be sure to report back my findings.
    I enjoy a Modello Especial with a lime every now and then. I prefer that to Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I enjoy a Modello Especial with a lime every now and then. I prefer that to Corona.
    That, and Pacifico.

Both way better than Corona.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

i was in jamaica in november, my resort only had red stripe and red stripe light LOL

Blog Entries

Love this beer. I was at their brewery in August.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Love this beer. I was at their brewery in August.
    Good stuff.

I'm such a hop head. The hoppier, the better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That, and Pacifico.

Both way better than Corona.
    Duly noted. Will check it out.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good stuff.

I'm such a hop head. The hoppier, the better.
    Same here. I enjoy a nice hoppy beer.