Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

So No LB in first round now that Roland is here?

Someone posted that on the Roland McClain thread in the other forum but how could he pass Minter if he still drops? Oz took Ogden with one of the biggest and best o-lines in the game.

Minter probably won't drop anyway so it will now be a safety either
    Cyprien or Elam. See that thread.

One of them should be there. If not, McShay has us taking WR Patton.

I still say Oz trades down for more bodies, especially now that Roland is here.

Re: So No LB in first round now that Roland is here?

I don't think they will avoid LB in the first, but they probably feel that this frees up the board more.

Maybe Elam or Cyprien, or Hunter or Allen if he drops, or maybe they take a shot at Manelik Watson.

Just gives more options.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Except for OT, I feel like we have added FA options at all positions where we had huge glaring needs. This just frees up Ozzie even more to go BPA with his pick, or trade down.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Thanks, great posts as always guys. That's why I come here.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Except for OT, I feel like we have added FA options at all positions where we had huge glaring needs. This just frees up Ozzie even more to go BPA with his pick, or trade down.
    I agree with this. Tackle is the one real glaring spot... at least to us. As I have indicated elsewhere, the organization may be perfectly fine with Oher/Osemele at LT/RT. Of course, that opens up a big spot at LG where Jah Reid really does not appear to be the answer.

To me, the ideal answer is to find a rookie who can start at RT or (if we're being extremely optimistic) possibly even challenge for the LT job. I think the best option is to grab Terron Armstead or Menelik Watson in the 2nd round (preferably Armstead) if they last that long. I doubt either of them make it to our natural 2nd so it would require wheeling and dealing... ideally, trading back out of the 1st and picking up some more ammo to move.

I think my dream draft right now is probably Elam, Armstead, Da'Rick Rogers, and Brian Schwenke in the first 4 rounds. They could easily pick up an athletic ILB to groom in the 5th or later like Keith Pough (who they've had in for several visits), Steve Beauharnais, or Jonathan Stewart.

Blog Entries

Minter is very much the same kind of player that Rolando McClain is. Unless he's there at the bottom of Round 2 I can't see him being a Raven.

I still think that Ozzie looks for one of the more athletic inside linebackers like Kiko Alonso or AJ Klein both of which will be available later int he draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think my dream draft right now is probably Elam, Armstead, Da'Rick Rogers, and Brian Schwenke in the first 4 rounds. They could easily pick up an athletic ILB to groom in the 5th or later like Keith Pough (who they've had in for several visits), Steve Beauharnais, or Jonathan Stewart.
    I'd like that draft pretty well, but to get Armstead, we'd have to move up in the 2nd. I've seen him going between 2-10 and 2-16 in most mocks. If we're moving from 32 to let's say 13 in round 2, it'd take...our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks, and we'd get a 7th back. Doesn't seem too likely :(
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

It really depends on how the draft plays out, but I don't really see them taking guys like Te'o, Minter or Ogletree. To me they are all borderline first round picks. I'd be happy if they got someone like Cyprien in the first or traded back to get Arthur Brown. Arthur Brown would be really nice playing next to McClain. Brown has the speed and quickness to cover, but he's not really the north/south thumper that McClain is. I think they could both complement each other well.

So folks, if you had a choice at 32 of Minter, Te'o, Hopkins, Hunter, Allen, Watson, Pugh, Ertz, Woods, Jesse Williams, Cyprien, and Elam...who would you choose? Would you rather trade back? Who would you not choose?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    So folks, if you had a choice at 32 of Minter, Te'o, Hopkins, Hunter, Allen, Watson, Pugh, Ertz, Woods, Jesse Williams, Cyprien, and Elam...who would you choose? Would you rather trade back? Who would you not choose?
    Trade back, because I'd love to have Te'o, Hopkins, Hunter, Cyprien, or Elam...chances of moving back 6-7 picks and all 5 getting taken are slim, and to boot, you get a 4th round pick.

Pugh is not a 1st round pick. Just don't see that. Really, unless our plan for him is RT only, I don't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Of those names, I have Cyprien, Allen, Williams, Hopkins nestled together. Now I could take any of those four and be happy (plus two names that you don't have on your list), so I'd look to trade down 7-9 spots (moving 2 extra spots to account for the 2 QBs that will probably get taken in the upper 2nd) and pick up a 3rd or 4th round pick.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It really depends on how the draft plays out, but I don't really see them taking guys like Te'o, Minter or Ogletree. To me they are all borderline first round picks. I'd be happy if they got someone like Cyprien in the first or traded back to get Arthur Brown. Arthur Brown would be really nice playing next to McClain. Brown has the speed and quickness to cover, but he's not really the north/south thumper that McClain is. I think they could both complement each other well.
    Brown and Ogletree will not make it to 32.