Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You think that we're being gutted?

The Patriots have just extended an offer sheet to Emmanual Sanders. The dollar amount is specified, but it has been disclosed as a one year. The Steelers will either lose him for a late 3rd rounder or have to shuffle around their roster some to match. They now only have one of their top 3 receivers left. This is on top of losing James Harrison, and the majority of their RB core.

Re: You think that we're being gutted?

I love Patriot on Steeler Crime. My understanding is the Steelers are about $2M under the cap. If they match the offer they may have to cut somebody else to sign rookies. If they don't match, then the Patriots lose a 3rd round draft pick in a draft where I think they only have 4 picks anyway. They gave up picks this year to for Heynesworth and Ocho Cinco.

If I am the Steelers I take the draft pick.

Blog Entries

I'd take the 3rd too and move on. They have cap problems as it is...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The report from Werder is that it is only about 700k more (the offer) and the Steelers will keep him. Not worth a LATE 3rd rounder for 700k and your starting WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    The report from Werder is that it is only about 700k more (the offer) and the Steelers will keep him. Not worth a LATE 3rd rounder for 700k and your starting WR.
    won't he want a big contract at the end of the season? I'd rather have the 3rd for long term success than a one year deal. Plus he has trouble staying healthy.

He was a 3rd round pick to begin with... maybe I'm missing something

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
    The offer sheet that Steelers RFA Emmanuel Sanders signed is worth 2.5 million. Steelers choice: match or get NE's third-round pick by Sun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I love Patriot on Steeler Crime. My understanding is the Steelers are about $2M under the cap. If they match the offer they may have to cut somebody else to sign rookies. If they don't match, then the Patriots lose a 3rd round draft pick in a draft where I think they only have 4 picks anyway. They gave up picks this year to for Heynesworth and Ocho Cinco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I agree, but it really isn't that simple. As of right now they've got 1 guy on their roster who has any legitimate playing time in the past couple of years. Sure, Plax is on the team and a vet receiver with a lot of experience, but he's slow and basically didn't play at all last year. Losing Sanders means they have to start all over again at WR because Antonio Brown is good, but he isn't a #1 guy. Neither was Sanders, but at least with Sanders and Brown you had two guys who have experience with Roethlisberger, with Haley, and were decent options.

This is what happens to teams who try to hang onto the past. This is exactly what John Harbaugh was talking about when he said the one thing you can't do is try to keep everyone together. It just doesn't work.

They still have issues on the OL. They still have issues at RB. They've got issues at TE since Heath Miller was injured late in the year (and he's not exactly young). They've got issues on the DL, they've got issues at LB, and in their secondary.

I think the Steelers will still be competitive, but I could also very easily see them losing 8 - 10 games next year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Shitsburgh is in a rebuilding, rather those idiots want to admit it or not. Keeping and Restructuring is catching up to them. Seriously, they need help all over the place. They will most likely call Troy for a extension(wrong move again) and match Sanders. I don't care either way, I'm just enjoying the crying this week here. Take the pick and get a RB, they are going to draft a WR anyway. As long as its not Austin. They will still be tough to play, but boy I would love for them to lose about 8 -10 games. Purple Pride. Sqeelers Sucks

Blog Entries

I think they have to resign him, 3rd round picks make it a 3rd of the time on average, much less a later pick in that round. The draft is a total crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post

The Patriots are about $1.5 million under now. The Patriots currently hold a very late 1st round pick, very late 2nd round pick, and two 7th rounders. I'd imagine that they will find some way to trade back their early picks, but either way, they don't have much ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    The Patriots are about $1.5 million under now. The Patriots currently hold a very late 1st round pick, very late 2nd round pick, and two 7th rounders. I'd imagine that they will find some way to trade back their early picks, but either way, they don't have much ammunition.

They don't need much ammunition. Add another DB and they are in pretty good shape.

You should hear the crys in this city. " we need him, we need cap space, call Troy for a pay cut, poor brown, damn NE". It's funny as hell to watch and listen to sqeelers country ready to burn the barn down.

I for one hope he goes to NE, one least pick for them and one least WR for sqeelers. Now if we can only move up pass them for Austin

Whatever happens in 15 days please DO NOT LET the sqeelers get Austin