Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

This makes me happy to be honest. Like it was stated above he is 23 and yes he made and did stupid stuff but that does not mean that he can not change.

He has potential to play and if he can be had for a cheap price, why not bring him in and let him compete. This McClain has far more upside then the other one on our team playing in the same position.

I also do not think that this means we wont draft a ILB as well. We can use a few good ILB's.

Blog Entries

Schefter now backing it up on Twitter

Agree with most opinions here.
    I do think a change of scenery, along with a first class organization, would do McClain wonders, since he does have the talent. He has an opportunity to come here and make a name for himself and get his career back on track as well as leave his troubled past behind.

Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Playing for a bad team does not in any way excuse poor play on the field.

The Browns are a huge joke. That doesn't affect Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Trent Richardson and guys. Arizona is terrible. Calias Campbell, Daryl Washington, Patrick Peterson are good players. Buffalo has CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Kyle Williams, Steph Gilmore. Jax has some players like Jones Drew, Eugene Monroe, Justin Blackmon. I could go on and on. AND I'd argue that instead of just saying that the team atmosphere stinks, i'd argue that they are just drafting bad/wrong players. Jax traded half it's draft to us so they could take a top 10 pick in Derrick Harvey. That was a bad pick. Not a bad player stuck on a bad team. They also spent a top 10 pick on Alou-Alou...a guy most thought was a late first/early 2nd at worst. AND drafted a punter in the 3rd round. It's WAY more about them having poor FO's who pick wrong players than these good players who stink because of their team.

Even on the Raiders, guys have played well...Tommy Kelly made a pro bowl, Darren McFadden is good when healthy, Desmond Bryant parlayed good play to a huge contract. Playing for Oakland is not an excuse! And as for Huff, I think he has had an inconsistent career, but even he has made an all pro team in Oakland.

This guy has NEVER been a good player. Not average. Not flashing. He hasn't been good at all. And considering other young guys on his very team have had success, you can't blame it on the organization.
    I'm sorry I took so long to respond (at work), but I just think this kid will be a good player, just not focused where he was. Yeah the evidence says nay, but I just have a feeling about people and that there is more to this than just a player not maybe playing his hardest for an organization that are even past the Brown's in joke status. You make great points by the way and I would normally not want a player like this, but something about this feels different.

Blog Entries

Are we trying to rebuild some of the Alabama championship defenses? If so, I'm cool with that.

Blog Entries

Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter 2m

Former Raiders LB Rolando McClain is nearing deal with Ravens. Two sides scheduled to talk today to see if they iron out unresolved issues.

Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

Haven't read all this but its happening whether some people like it or not. Sows how much they value McKinnie if they rather spend there dollars on someone with the history of McClain

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Haven't read all this but its happening whether some people like it or not. Sows how much they value McKinnie if they rather spend there dollars on someone with the history of McClain
    Disagree.

This has nothing to do with McKinnie and more about "right player, right price" being used to fill a need.

Not to mention there's still the FA period after the draft.

I was saying that I was for this in the other thread and still stand by it. I don't have the same feeling that I have had with other "troubled" players. I think we get a steal here.

Holy Crap Oz, we are just living in your world right now!!!

It makes sense for both sides. We need a cheap starting ilb and he needs his second and likely last chance to go well. Where else would he want to go on the cheap? Look what this defense just did for Kruger and Ellerbe.

:T2:

Agreed. It is like I read someone post earlier, low cost, high reward.
    If he doesn't pan out, he will be cut loose.
    This is an opportunity for the Ravens as well as McClain.
    He will be one of many competing for those starting positions.
    Whoever starts will have earned it.

Right player right price. He'll be there to compete, if not, syanora....