Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

"Not good enough for Oakland? Too many character issues for the Raiders? Well now, come on down to Baltimore!"

Blog Entries

As has been said with Huff...his liabilities could partially be due to "he was a member of the Raiders". Having Huff here would be the linchpin to the Rolando McClain experiment. Huff was a leader on that Raider D, so I'd imagine he would have a big role here in making sure Rolando doesn't fuck around on the field. Off the field...well, I'd be shocked if it was something other than an incentive laden deal with not much in terms of dead money for cutting him.

If this isn't Ozzie's only answer at ILB, I like it. If he thinks this is "problem solved"...no, we need to have a backup plan in case this guy goes south.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

If they get him with a "prove it" type low risk deal, I have no problem with it.

I think Ozzie with provide about 7 or 8 options for ILB for training camp and then let Pees and Harbaugh decide which one gives them the best option to win this year as well as 2 to 3 years down the road.i doubt Ozzie says " problem fixed, no need for backup plans" very often.

Blog Entries

Hope that the price makes sense and the kid comes ready to play. If he doesn't take this shit seriously, he could very easily be cut come August.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

interesting... "right player, right price" is certainly in full effect. Im leery of the move simply because of the veteran leadership we lost. last year i dont bat an eye at this move and feel its solid depth at the very least and he should be held under wraps. this year hes not going to be in the shadows as much. I trust Ozzie did his homework. we know at the very least the guy is talented which at this point is good for us.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I think Ozzie with provide about 7 or 8 options for ILB for training camp and then let Pees and Harbaugh decide which one gives them the best option to win this year as well as 2 to 3 years down the road.i doubt Ozzie says " problem fixed, no need for backup plans" very often.
    personally i dont think he ever says that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    personally i dont think he ever says that.
    nor do i, but the "backup plan" could be bynes and albert mcclellan and bryan hall. While I like those 3 guys, there was a reason we all wanted someone else at ILB...I just mean I don't want rolando to be our only addition, if this is true.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It makes sense. I bet McClain is brought in with the type of contract that makes him expendable in the event he doesnt produce. The same way Huff was, and the same way McKinnie probably will be.

Im sure there will be a linebacker drafted and I'm sure there will be a safety drafted and I am sure there will be a LT drafted and nothing wrong with bringing in low risk vet's to compete with them.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Kind of indifferent about this if this is true. Assuming this will be a low risk high reward kind of deal. I'll just hope that getting away from that cess pool that is the Raiders is all he needs and he'd come in with his head on straight and ready to compete. As I said in another thread Nick Saban absolutely loved the guy at Bama so that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Blog Entries

I've been saying in the other thread - the dude is 23. He's young and should be cheap so hopefully he takes it seriously and competes for a roster spot. It's a big chance for him because if he blows it, he may not get many more

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

according to this article, his suspension last year means that the guaranteed money is voided for the Raiders. http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...aranteed-money

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!