Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

I agree, he hasn't shown anything and he's been bad off field as well. Just saying he is very young and if you can get him for no risk, let him compete. Not guaranteed a roster spot but some team will take a flyer on him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I agree, he hasn't shown anything and he's been bad off field as well. Just saying he is very young and if you can get him for no risk, let him compete. Not guaranteed a roster spot but some team will take a flyer on him
    Why bring a known turd into your lockeroom at all?

Just being on the lockeroom can poison it.

And who cares if some other team takes a look, therr are a lot of dumb desperate teams out there.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Some fair points about playing on a bad team not being an acceptable excuse, but it still has to be a factor. Pat Willis was playing great on bad teams.

I still want to take the gamble though because I do not believe that this player is a turd that will bring a stink to the locker room. He can play or he can't and he will fit or he won't. I am not sure and I wonder how anyone else could be.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Why bring a known turd into your lockeroom at all?

Just being on the lockeroom can poison it.

And who cares if some other team takes a look, therr are a lot of dumb desperate teams out there.

Harbaugh has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want troublemakers on this team. It's not going to happen.

LOL...and the Bengals of course considered trading for this turd.

Those are the desperate teams that do dumb things like that.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Who are all these Raiders who blossomed once they left Oakland?

Charles Woodson, Fabian Washington (Somewhat), Kevin Boothe, Michael Bush, La'Roi Glover. Although there are only a few, consider how many busts Al Davis has drafted in the last 5-10 years. While these guys may or may not have played well before in Oakland, I wouldn't say that just because they played poorly in Oakland they can't play well anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Charles Woodson, Fabian Washington (Somewhat), Kevin Boothe, Michael Bush, La'Roi Glover. Although there are only a few, consider how many busts Al Davis has drafted in the last 5-10 years. While these guys may or may not have played well before in Oakland, I wouldn't say that just because they played poorly in Oakland they can't play well anywhere else.
    Charles Woodson was a multi year pro-bowler in Oakland, Kevin Boothe was a practice squad guy who never had a chance to get on the field for the Raiders his rookie year, Michael Bush had a career low in YPC AFTER leaving Oakland where he was almost a 1000 yard rusher...and Glover is a good one, but he was a 5th round pick that was waived...something we see from teams every year. I'm not going to address Washington...he was traded for probably appropriate value.

This guy never had remotely close to the success on the field that Woodson, Bush, and even Fabien had, and had way more chances to play than Booth or Glover.

And again, busts aren't the result of an oppressing organization, it's the result of front offices that can't draft.

I'll ask...what guys that have PLAYED in Oakland, sucked on the field and then had success somewhere else? And that's without taking into account the fact that this turd is toting guns in the offseason and getting into arguments with his coaches and sucking on the field during the season.

Blog Entries

LOL...and the Bengals of course considered trading for this turd.

Those are the desperate teams that do dumb things like that.
    Marvin thinks he can fix everyone. He collects troubled players like they were stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want troublemakers on this team. It's not going to happen.
    I think you're right. Hopefully McClain will soon get signed by another team so we can bury the question.

Blog Entries

Ray Lewis will keep him in line... er never mind ;(

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

According to McClain: “It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama.”

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: According to one report Rolando McClain is heading to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    According to McClain: “It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama.”

LINK

Oh boy.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!